Through the Lion City 🇸🇬

Singapore or The Lion City :singapore: - known for it’s high standard of living and ofcourse “Crazy Rich Asians”. Well, if planned well and timely, one could do it in budget and enjoy some free experiences there

1. DBS Sailing By the Bay - A free 40 mins sailing experience around Marina Bay Sands and Merlion - you need to book a month in advance (slots for the month open between 1-4th).

2. Esplanade Theater - If you enjoy a live performance or show then this one’s for you and it’s absolutely free.

3. Ce La Vie - Club Lounge or Lavo instead of MBS Observation deck.

4. Skip wings of time and enjoy the light and sound show at MBS and Gardens By the Bay. Fireworks on saturday until the Singapore National Day near Marina Bay Sands.

5. Opt for free walking tours through Guruwalk or Freetour.com and pay as much you like. Alternatively the visit singapore site has multiple guides for food trip and walking tours.
6. For a different and economical experience chose a kick scooter ride/walking tour with On-A-Roll-Tours. Ping who is the guide is super knowledgeable, friendly and an amazing photographer plus you can cover a lot of things in 62 SGD including refreshments and scooter rentals in 4 hours.
https://www.on-a-roll-tours.com/

7. Keep a track of free events happening in singapore which interests you through the instagram handles of visit singapore and also helped me get cheap accomodation.

Brief Itinerary i followed :scroll::

Day 1 - Jewel Changi + Kick scooter tour, Albert Hawker Center
Day 2 - USS and Sentosa
Day 3 - Arab street, Haji Lane, Downtown, Lau Pa Sat Hawker center, Sailing by the bay, Gardens By the Bay
Day 4 - China Town, Vivo City Mall, Old Hill Street, Fort Canning, Marina Bay Sands and Ce La Vie
Day 5 - Joo Chiat and Shopping

5 Likes

Welcome to the Niyo community, @thegirlfrombombay! :hugs:

Your detailed guide to enjoying Singapore on a budget is fantastic. Thank you for sharing such valuable tips and insights! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Hi @thegirlfrombombay, Thank you for sharing your Singapore travel experience.
Keep travelling and keep sharing your travel stories.
Cheers.

4 Likes

Nice read, Prachi. Kudos on the tips.

5 Likes

Wow @thegirlfrombombay
This is guaranteed to significantly reduce research time.

4 Likes

@thegirlfrombombay Fantastic experience. You gave very good insights and given on-budget options so that people can save money. Well done prachi.
Just one input, if something should be avoided in singapore is not going to Night Safari and The Singapore Flyer(instead go to the MBS Skydeck. One can visit the hindu temples in chinatown at around 12-12.30 to have the wholesome and holy prasadam which is the best and a divine experience.

4 Likes

Thank you for the advice! Singapore is actually less expensive than it seems if you know about these free and budget-friendly things to do. Sailing near Marina Bay Sands must be very exciting—make sure you book early! The free shows and walking tours are great for enjoying the city without spending too much money. Thank you for sharing your travel plan; it is a great help for anyone wanting to see Singapore without spending too much!

3 Likes

absolutely agreed, i skipped going to the zoo or aquariums or waterparks because they don’t excite me much rather i spent more time at the ethnic quarters which were full of history and art 🫶🏻💕

4 Likes

Hello Singapore Travleers,

We just created a Singapore Money Manual.

It’s a simple basic information on the Money manual for Indian travellers to Singapore.

Including:
:white_check_mark: How to spend at the airport.
:white_check_mark: Type of Money Forms in Singapore.
:white_check_mark: How different places accept different payments.
:white_check_mark: Tips & Daily budget guide.

Check out below!

As many of you have already travelled to Singapore, do check out and share your best ideas on money tips.

1 Like