5 Day Singapore Itinerary
I travelled to Singapore from 21-Oct-2023 to 25-Oct-2023. Best time to visit Singapore is Oct-Dec, during winter. I planned it such that it travel is minimal as I was travelling with my aged mother and wife. This was achieved by -
- Choosing daily activities and tourist spots in close proximity
- Booking hotels close to the center of the city
- Planning the itinerary such that travel is restricted to one area per day, thereby reducing travelling cost
- Sentosa Island
Sentosa island is island just off Singapore’s southern coast and has lot of fun activities. It is especially great for children and young adults due to rides and activities like - Water Park, Universal Studios theme park, Cable car. Must do activities are -
1.1. Universal Studios
1.2. Cable car
1.3. Evening Yacht Ride
1.4. Wings of Time
1.5. Madame Tussauds
Note that each activity is priced. However you can purchase a fun pass, more on this in a separate tips post. This will take the whole day, so best to leave early. There are buses that ferry people across the island for free, you can hop on them to go from one activity to the next.
Multiple options exist for reaching there like Cable car, bus - more here. But I preferred going by cab. This is preferred if you are a family of 3-4 people as you will go faster and price is around 20 SGD from center of city.
- Gardens by the bay, Flower Dome, Cloud Forest - Huge glass dome with fauna from the world over. Tickets are priced at ~30 SGD. Cloud Forest recently has a Avatar theme.
Best way is MRT as there is a stop close by - Gardens by the bay stop.
- Lunch - There is a fast food joint near the ticketing section. I loved the Pandan Coconut Shake at Shake Shack
- Marina Bay - This is around 2 kms walk from Gardens by the bay and the walk is pleasant. You get to walk on the Helix Bridge on the way.
- Waterfront promenade - This is around 1 km walk from Marina Bay.
- Merlion - This is around 500 mts from Waterfrom promonade
- Dinner at Lau Pa Sat - It is 950 mts walk from Merlion. It has amazing array of meat dishes and variety of cuisines.
- Laser show at Marina Bay sands * Sun – Thu: 8pm & 9pm
Fri & Sat: 8pm, 9pm & 10pm
- Shopping Malls - You can experience lot of Chinese shops in the People’s Park Centre shopping mall. Best way to get here is via China Town MRT.
- Breakfast (optional) - One of Singapore’s most famous dishes is Ya Kun Toast which is a Chinese dish consisting of sweet bread, half boiled eggs and coffee. This is at 101 Upper Cross St, Level 1 Atrium People’s Park Centre shopping mall. Be warned that it may not suit Indian palate.
- China Town - Walk down to China Town and view their unique architecture.
- Sri Mariamman Temple - Walk down to this temple. It has architectural similar to the temples in Tamil Nadu.
- Buddha Temple - Buddha Tooth Relic Temple. It is quite a magnificent site. Do not miss this
- Little India - Get here via MRT. I sourly missed Indian food and truly relished the food. Went to A2B, and do not miss eating Poodi Idly at Murugan Idly shop
- Mustafa Center - Multi building, Multi level shopping mall where you get everything and anything, though I didn’t find anything cheaper than normal.
- Singapore Zoo - You need to book tickets online prior to going there. It is quite big and you will spend till evening here. Best way to get there is via Khatib MRT on to Mandai Kathib Shuttle
- Singapore River Quay
- Bugis Street - After Zoo you can head to Bugis street for street side shopping or just window shop here.
- Botanic Garden - This is free. Inside the park do not miss going to the Orchid garden inside the park. It is spectacular. It is paid.
- Singapore Discovery Center - Learn about the history of Singapore. It also has fun activities for kids like Paint ball and Laser tag. More here
- Stay - Lot of nice hotels in Havelock and it is in a central location.
- Remember to use MRT as much as possible.
- Cost of trip (per person, excluding flight) for 5 days = Rs. 40k (including all above activities). This includes stay in 4 star hotel. If you stay in a cheaper place it will be less than Rs. 30k
- Detailed plan with timings -
Itinerary.pdf (117.4 KB)
I will create one more post on tips. Watch out for that.