Stuck on processing your wealth account for more than 10 days now

I have done all the steps to create a niyo global account and even after completing a full video KYC for the last ten days my application is stuck on the same page, ‘Processing your Wealth account’, please help asap, I am scheduled to leave soon.

Hey @Sohail_Sarkar! A few of our users are facing this issue during the onboarding procedure. Our team is working round the clock to have this fixed. The issue might get fixed by the end of this month and we kindly request you to wait until then. Rest assured, we are here to set things right for you.

Regards,

Hi, Im facing the similar issue. Can you precisely tell us how much time it will take or do some urgent actions for my account as i needed the Niyo Global card for my upcoming trip.

Hi @akkuankur welcome to our community! A few of our users are facing this issue during the onboarding procedure. Our team is working round the clock to have this fixed. The issue might get fixed by the end of this month and we kindly request you to wait until then. Rest assured, we are here to set things right for you.