I need Niyo Global card urgently as I need to go to USA for my Masters

Hi, I am Harshal Jaiswal I need Niyo Global card as I need to pay my SEVIS fees for my masters and need to carry the card to the USA. As I will be going in August first week Please help me getting the card as soon as possible. I contacted globalsales@goniyo.com but not getting any reply from them. So help me getting this

name: Harshal Jaiswal
No. : +91-70218-04947

1 Like

Hi @harshal_jaiswal

Firstly Welcome to the Niyo Community!
Onboarding process for DCB global is on hold as of now as we are working on product enhancements. It is expected to go live shortly.
Request you to kindly bear with us until then.

Cheers!
Bansari

1 Like

Thanks for the instant reply. Please also let me know when can I expect it to go live, any tentative dates?. Also, will the charges for applying and annual charges remain the same?. Please also follow such instant reply on the mail. Thank you

@harshal_jaiswal
We are tirelessly working on it to make it live on earliest basis. Would love to have you as a part of Niyo family :slight_smile: We shall update you with SOCs once the product is live.

Cheers!
Bansari

Thanks I appericiate your guys hard work and customer support. Please do mail me as soon as service opens up. Have a great day!

Surely @harshal_jaiswal ,
You’ll hear it from us.
You too, have a great one ahead :slight_smile:

Is Niyo Idfc first bank card avaliable? for international student with 0 markup fees

Hi @harshal_jaiswal ,

We have stopped the onboarding for Niyo IDFC.

We are delighted to inform you that IDFC FIRST Bank has launched a comprehensive new app covering all the savings account requirements you may have. With this new app, you’ll have access to personalised features such as analysis and auto-categorisation of your income and expenses, two-click FD booking, and super fast payments and investments at your fingertips. This app is the best way to avail the Bank’s full range of financial solutions.
Rest assured that your account will be exactly the same and fully accessible via this new app, and your account and services will continue unabated with IDFC FIRST bank.

Cheers!
Bansari

ok then I guess I need to wait for Niyo Global, any updates on this?

Not yet @harshal_jaiswal

1 Like

Hello, hope everything is fine with your end. Any updates on Niyo Global?

1 Like

Hi @harshal_jaiswal ,

It is expected to go live latest by this quarter.

Cheers!
Bansari

1 Like

By this quarter means?

1 Like

@harshal_jaiswal
By August or September 2021.

Cheers!
Bansari

1 Like

Hi Bansari,

Good day!

I am using the Niyo-IDFC card for quite some time now. I understand that the original Niyo IDFC app has been upgraded to IDFC First bank’s mobile application with a savings account.
I would like to know if I will be charged with any Forex Markup due to this transition? I have been told by an IDFC Bank customer care representative that it’s revised to a 2% fee per international transaction.

Also, I have been informed by the Niyo CRM that with the Niyo-IDFC card I won’t be able to receive any OTP SMS on my Indian number If I am traveling internationally.
Request you to pls confirm the above two points, because if I cant get the OTP SMS then it makes no sense to use this card as I won’t be able to do any Online transaction with this card.

Thanks,
Pathik Jhaveri

1 Like

Hey @pathikjhaveri77111 ! As you already know that Niyo IDFC users are now IDFC First Bank’s userbase. I’d like to inform you that forex markup charges are applicable as per bank’s revised policy.

Regarding the latter, yes, it is true! You will not receive OTPs on your Indian cellular number if you are traveling abroad, alternatively, you may enable international roaming to your cellular number and avail all the functionalities that you were enjoying in India in abroad also. Provided your service provider has the provision to do so.

If you have further queries, feel free to reach out again!

Have a marvellous Monday!

1 Like

Hi @ashrithjain thanks for the revert.

First of all we none of the customers got any official mail or notification for the same from Niyo.
Niyo had just increased their customer database by delivering fake and unrealistic promises by showing 0% markup fees for lifetime.
Even your CRM gave such commitments and I signed up for the card and now you are saying I will have to pay the revised markup.

I took this card as I will be traveling abroad for my master’s degree and I was told that this a great card especially for the students and with that I took this card. Atleast you should notify us in advance and help get a replacement maybe with Niyo-DCB which has the same features.

It really feels you are just duping the customers for the sole purpose of increasing or expanding your database.

Thanks,
Pathik

2 Likes

Hey Pathik,

Great that you’re sharing your thoughts with us, helps us get first-hand experience of what our dear customers feel. :slightly_smiling_face:

What I’d like you to know is that we have been rigorously communicating with our Niyo IDFC customers through emails, SMSs, app messages and more about the shut-down of Niyo IDFC , requesting our users to move to the IDFC First SA App. All the offerings are in control of the bank, (in this case IDFC) and we have no role in altering them. :sweat_smile:

But here’s some good news - early next month, we’re all set to launch a new zero forex markup 100% digital bank account and we assure will not fail to surprise you! Right now, we’re in the beta-testing phase, and if all goes well, you’ll be able to get your hands on this account real soon.

Stay tuned, we’ll be updating the deets, here on Community shortly!

Happy Monday!

1 Like

Hi @Aswathy_Nambiar thanks for your prompt reply.

I do understand that Niyo had sent out emails but it was never mentioned that all the policies will be updated like the forex markup will be revied to 2-3% and not 0% which was committed earlier.
If any policy is being changed customers should get full clarification on the same.
Also whats the name of the new card ? Is it NiyoX?

Thanks,
Pathik Jhaveri

It is not our place to share the alterations made by the bank, as it wasn’t in our control. Apologies if that caused you trouble.

NiyoX is a 007 banking savings product - 7% interest on our savings above one lakh, 0 commission on Mutual Funds and a 0 Balance account!

The zero forex markup product I mentioned earlier is a Niyo Global product, will share more details once we launch it in the market.

1 Like