Clarification on Niyo Lounge access

Hi,

I received an email regarding Complimentary airport lounge access stating that:

“You can now claim 1 free Lounge Pass per quarter per Niyo Global user (not per card) right within the app. Now get access at select international terminals in India for free with the Lounge Pass.”

What does it mean?
I have two Niyo global cards (1 debit card & 1 credit card). So instead of 2 lounge access, will I get only 1?

Airport Lounge Access with Niyo

Welcome to the lounge access discussion! This is your place to explore and discuss the airport lounge access offers provided by Niyo. You're in the right place if you have questions or need advice.

Perks of Niyo Lounge Access:
  • Comfortable seating and environment
  • Complimentary refreshments and snacks
  • Free Wi-Fi and charging stations
  • Quiet ambiance away from the crowds

Eligible Niyo Cards:
- Niyo DCB Debit Card 
- Niyo SBM Credit Card 
- Niyo SBM DebitCard 
- Niyo Equitas Debit Card

Current Offer: You can get one complimentary Lounge Pass outside India per quarter when you spend ₹50,000 outside India in a calendar quarter using a single Niyo card. You can choose from over 1300 international airport lounges.

Offer Details:

• The Lounge Pass is valid for 30 days from the date of generation (e.g., a pass issued on 15th April will expire on 14th May).
  • The total spend of ₹50,000 must be made using a single Niyo card. Combined spends across multiple Niyo cards do not count.
  • Lounge Pass is only for lounges outside India.

Need Help?

If you face any issues with lounge access or have questions about the offer, email our support team at :e-mail:; global@goniyo.com.

Alternatively, click the link here(download the Niyo app) to chat/talk with a customer executive for immediate assistance. Make the most of your airport experience with Niyo lounge access.

2 Likes

If I spend ₹50,000 on 2 cards each, example Niyo Debit and Niyo Credit in a single quarter will I get 2 lounge passes?

Hi @AWCHOWDHARY,

Welcome to the Niyo Community! :raised_hands:

According to the Lounge Pass eligibility criteria, even if you use each of your Niyo cards to make INR 50,000 in international transactions (per card), you’ll still receive only one lounge pass per quarter. This is because both cards are registered under your name.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I need to transfer an amount between 60k -70k to Germany. So if I do so , then is it possible to avail this free lounge access with niyo debt card. Also do this transaction cost any amount

Hi @Oshin,

Just a quick note: transferring money directly abroad won’t qualify for the free lounge access.

To enjoy complimentary lounge access, you need to spend ₹50,000 or more outside India in a calendar quarter using a single Niyo card.

This spend can include both POS (card swipe) and online (e-commerce) transactions. Once you meet the spending requirement, you can generate your Lounge Pass through the Niyo app.

Please note, it might take up to 7 days for the Lounge Pass to appear in your app, so plan your travel accordingly!

Hope this helps!

Hi,

I need to pay rent for my apartment in the USA. The renting agency has a website where I can pay the rent using my card. The rent is around 60k rupees. Will this transaction be considered a 50,000 rupees spend outside India using my card? Also, will my free lounge access be activated after making this payment?

Hey @A17,

Welcome to the Niyo Community! :hugs:

Thank you for your question! If you’re making your rent payment in USD on the renting agency’s international website, it will count as a non-INR transaction. This means it will help you qualify for the lounge pass benefit through the Niyo app. You can use any Niyo card variant for this.

Typically, the lounge pass is unlocked immediately after the transaction, but in some cases, it might take up to 7 days. Please note, the lounge pass can only be used outside of India, giving you access to over 1300+ lounges worldwide!

I hope this clarifies. :raised_hands:

So, even if I make this rent payment while I am still in India, this transaction will still count as a non-INR transaction, right? I don’t need to be outside India to make this payment.

Yes, that’s correct! As mentioned, any non-INR online transaction, like your rent payment in USD, will count towards the benefit, regardless of whether you’re in India or abroad.

For more details, please refer to the attached PDF. Cheers!

LOUNGE PASS PDF_APRIL_V1 (1).pdf

3 Likes

Hey,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to request assistance regarding a Lounge Pass associated with my recent POS transaction of Rs. 1,15,000/-.
I mistakenly generated the Lounge Pass, which is now valid until 23rd August 2024. Unfortunately, I was not aware that the Lounge Pass would be activated immediately upon generation. I am already scheduled to travel outside India on 29th August 2024 and would like to use the Lounge Pass then.

I kindly request that you either cancel the current Lounge Pass or extend its validity until 30th August 2024 to accommodate my travel plans. I’ll share the booking reference number if you want.
I would greatly appreciate your assistance in this matter and look forward to your prompt response.

Thank you for your understanding and support. Please help me out :pray:t2:

Hi @Devashish_photos,

As per the update from the relevant team, Since you accidentally generated this pass, we’re unable to revoke the existing Lounge Pass.

However, You can wait for the pass to expire, and once it does, please reach out to us again. We’ll be happy to issue you a complimentary lounge pass.

Meanwhile, you can share your registered email ID or mobile number in the DM.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hope this helps!

How to DM you?? and how will you issue the complimentary lounge pass, as you guys only issue 1 pass in one quarter?

Please Reply. I forgot to tag you. Please extend my Lounge Pass.

I’ve sent you a personal message. Please check it and provide me with the necessary details.

Hope this helps!

The issue has been resolved. Thanks a lot niyo team. You guys are saviour

2 Likes

Hi @Devashish_photos,

We’re so glad to hear that your issue is resolved! Enjoy your trip to the fullest, and feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

Bon Voyage! :blush: Have a fabulous time on your journey! :sparkles:

1 Like