About the CKYC issue

I have been trying to apply for the niyo card for the last two days and I have been running into this error which says “ckyc” details not found

From Last few days i am trying to open an account. but each time its showing Ckyc servers are not responding.
So, please give me a solution.

Hey @Aditya_Mahawar @Raghav_Gupta! We completely understand your concern and we do apologize for the hassle. Having said that, we regret to inform you that as of now we may not be able to proceed with your onboarding due to the CKYC issue. Our team is working to bring an alternative way for onboarding. However, this will take some more days. Alternatively, you may try NiyoX which can be used for international transactions with 0 forex mark-up charges.

Regards,

Hi Deepak,
I am running into same CKYC issue as people reported above. And I already have my CKYC done and updated. The issue for ckyc has been going on for months now. Is there a probable timeline after which we can successfully register?

Hey @Snehil_Verma! We understand that it’s taking a long time for us to bring an alternative way for our users to complete the onboarding process. We are sorry to inform you that as of now we do not have a timeline. Therefore, we are suggesting NiyoX.

Regards,

I too have the same issue. My bank show’s that my kyc is successfully done. But still i face this problem. Can you please resolve it.

I already have done my kyc in other bank, so can’t you couldn’t find a match in ckyc database. I have checked it for several times. Can you please resolve this issue.

Hey @Daroch_Sagar! We wish we could’ve helped you here. understand your concern and we do apologize for the hassle.

Having said that, we regret to inform you that as of now we won’t be able to proceed with your onboarding as your CKYC data is not updated OR does not match our requirements.

A CKYC record is updated only if you hold a Mutual Funds account or a Bank account. The chances are you might already have these, but the bank or your mutual funds’ account partner might have not updated your KYC record in the directory.

While I write this we are working on an alternative for the same and you will be amongst the first ones to be informed of an update. In the meanwhile, you may try another product of ours i.e NiyoX which offers a Tap & Pay feature and can be used for international transactions at 0 mark-up charges.

Regards,

I already have an email and doc from the Central KYC Registry stating that my KYC with Citibank (my bank account) is registered. I have multiple mutual funds and bank accounts as well. But the Niyo app gives me an error saying that ‘we cannot create your account’ and is not able to verify my CKYC.

Can you please look into this at the earliest since my travel date is close and I need the card immediately?

Hey @Benjamin_Joy! Welcome to Niyo Community!

We are sorry for the late response! :bowing_man: While you are trying to onboard for Niyo Global by SBM, our system has fetched your CKYC details for the year 2019 and the type of it is, SIMPLIFIED. To onboard for Niyo Global by SBM, the CKYC type should be NORMAL. Due to this mismatch, we are unable to onboard you for Niyo SBM at the moment.
here, you have to update your CKYC details from SIMPLIFIED to NORMAL and then you may get onboarded for Niyo SBM. As an alternative, you may try NiyoX which offers a 0 forex mark-up for international transactions. Read more about the Difference between NiyoX and Niyo SBM - #2 by Deepak

Regards,

Hey! I am unable to create an account on Niyo Global.

Had received the following error message when I entered my details.
As per the communication happened on mail, i did visit my bank to ask them to update my ckyc details. However, they are not aware about anything related to CKYC. Please help me out in this case.

Please look into this at the earliest because I’m about to travel abroad in the coming weeks. It would be a great help!

Hey @Kanika_Bothra! Welcome to Niyo Community!

The onboarding for Niyo SBM is based on CKYC. When our system tried to fetch your CKYC details, it showed that you have got an OTP Based e-KYC and the year is 2018. To onboard for Niyo SBM, the CKYC type should be Normal. Therefore, we are sorry to inform you that we cannot onboard you for Niyo SBM as of now.
You may try NiyoX which offers a 0 forex mark-up for international transactions like Niyo Global by SBM.

To know the differences, you may read our previous post here: Difference between NiyoX and Niyo SBM - #2 by Deepak

Regards,

Is CKYC still a requirement? Or there’s any alternative?

Hi
My phone number is 9########0
I have a registered CKYC as per karvy.
Kindly look into why I am not able to create an account in Niyo global

Hey @shubham_agrawal! Welcome to Niyo Community!

The onboarding for Niyo Global by SBM is based on CKYC. To onboard for Niyo SBM, the CKYC type should be ‘Normal’. When our system tried to fetch your CKYC details, it is found that you have got an ‘OTP-based e-KYC’, and the year of it is 2021, due to which we cannot onboard you for Niyo Global by SBM as of now. It may take some more time for us to help you.

Alternatively, you may try NiyoX, which offers 0 forex markup charges for international transactions.