Niyo SBM Debit Card for International Transactions

Hola! :wave:t2:

Your Niyo SBM Debit Card can now be used for international transactions, with a limit of ₹5 lakh. If you’ve already completed your re-KYC through the Niyo app, you’re all set! If not, follow these steps to get started:

:white_check_mark: Complete Your Video KYC:

1. Use this link: SBM Video KYC.

2. International usage will be activated within 3-5 days after completion.

:mag: Check If Your KYC Is Done:

1. Check your email for a confirmation of successful re-KYC completion from SBM Bank.

2. Open the Niyo app, go to the Card Control section for your SBM Debit Card, and try to unlock the international tab.

3. If it works, you’re good to go! If not, complete the video KYC or contact in-app support.

For New Customers: If the SBM options aren’t visible, go to the Home page and tap “Credit card” in the bottom navigation to find both Niyo SBM debit and credit card options.

Got questions or need help? Just ask! We’re here to ensure you can make international transactions smoothly. :earth_africa::credit_card:

2 Likes

Hi, a month ago I created DCB account on niyo during which i wasnt able to see any option to apply for niyo sbm debit card, what might be the issue? is it because my account isnt eligible for sbm debit card or because i need to get the sbm credit card first? I really want to get the sbm debit card but not willing to get the sbm credit card, just let me know whether i will be able to get one or not? waiting for a reply ASAP

@Nith_In @Jumain_Qureshi @Zahid_Niyo Hi bro I am still waiting for any resolution, I desperately want the SBM debit card

Hi @faizan100,

Welcome to the Niyo Community! :raised_hands:

It sounds like you’re interested in getting the SBM debit card but haven’t been able to find the option in your Niyo account yet. Here’s a quick guide to help you out:

1. Update Your App: Try clearing the cache and storage of your Niyo app. You can do this by going to your device settings, then uninstall and reinstall the app to make sure you have the latest version.
  2. Onboarding Process: Complete the SBM savings account onboarding through this link: SBM Savings Account Onboarding.
  3. Card Delivery: Once you’ve completed the onboarding and created your account, you can expect to receive your card within approximately 3 business days for metro cities or 5-7 business days for non-metro areas.

Also, You don’t need an SBM credit card to apply for the SBM debit card. If you have any issues or need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us.

Hope this helps!

Hi, i updated the app but still I don’t see any option to apply for sbm debit card, rather I see an option to apply for sbm credit card, why is that? I think it is mandatory to apply for sbm credit card first to get debit card, I only see DCB Bank debit card that i applied for 1 month ago and got its card delivered

@Nith_In Hi I have written the reply above, please look into it asap

@faizan100 You can follow the steps in mentioned in the previous thread to see if you can successfully create your Niyo SBM savings account.

If you continue to experience issues, please feel free to reach out to us for further assistance.

Sorry but I tried the above steps still i don’t see any option for sbm debit card, i think new users who have niyo DCB Bank card can’t create sbm debit card, I see only option to create sbm credit card

Hi @Niyo i received my rekyc conpleted email 2 week ago. Still i cant open my international transaction.

Hi @KHZR_RZWN,

I understand you’re having trouble enabling international transactions on your Niyo card despite completing the Re-KYC process.

Please note that after completing the Re-KYC, the activation of international transactions on your debit card is processed in batches by SBM Bank. This means it may take some time for the international transaction feature to be enabled on your card.

Keep an eye on your email for updates from SBM Bank, as they will notify you once the international transactions are activated.

We appreciate your patience, and if you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please let us know!

Hi Team, I have deposited money in my account and now it says that my account has been frozen. Please help me in this regard.
Customer ID - R000586430

Hi @itsmepj,

It looks like your account is currently frozen due to pending ReKYC completion. To resolve this, you’ll need to complete the ReKYC process.

You can easily complete ReKYC by scheduling a Video KYC (VKYC) appointment using this link. Here are the available time slots:

• Monday to Friday: 9 am - 9 pm
  • Saturday, Sunday, and Bank Holidays: 10 am - 7 pm

If you need further assistance or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at customercare@sbmbank.co.in.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Niyo team - @Nith_In @Jumain_Qureshi @Zahid_Niyo .

I hold the Niyo SBM debit card since last two years.

• Re KYC of SBM India successfully completed.
  • Enabled Internatioanl transaction in card setting successfully.

I recall before RBI slashed SMB bank; they offered zero forex mark up on their DEBIT cards (Niyo Global DEBIT card). I can see the same offering now here on the link -

https://goniyo.com/zero-forex-card/

Quick Questions

1. So does it mean if I load 50k INR in my Niyo Savings account then I can use my DEBIT card with zero forex markup feature (for a week trip in Mauritius :mauritius:)?

2. If zero forex mark is enabled on DEBIT cards, can I transact online, e-com transactions, POS , ATM withdrawals etc. or are there any restrictions on transactions.

Regards, Anuvrat

Hi @Ianuvrat,

Thank you for your message and for being a valued member of the Niyo community! :blush:

Yes, you’re right. With your Niyo SBM debit card, you can enjoy zero forex markup on international transactions. This applies to all Niyo cards, including the Niyo SBM debit card, Niyo SBM Secured Credit Card, and Niyo DCB debit card.

Here’s a quick overview:

E-commerce and POS Transactions: You can use your debit card for online purchases and at point-of-sale terminals without incurring any additional charges from us.

ATM Withdrawals: There will be a fee of INR 423 + 18% GST per transaction for ATM withdrawals abroad.

For a detailed comparison of charges and features, please visit this link.

We appreciate your understanding and hope you have a fantastic trip to Mauritius! :airplane: :sparkles:

1 Like

Thanks @Nith_In for the clarification. Although a tough last year filled with challenges for Niyo, but your team rocks. Had a great time in UK and Ireland in 2022 with Niyo SBM Debit card. Hoping to enjoy similar benefits in Mauritius in 2024. :clinking_glasses:

Regards,
A happy customer.
Cheers

2 Likes

@Ianuvrat We’re thrilled to hear that you had a great time in the UK and Ireland with your Niyo SBM Debit card, and we’re excited for you to enjoy similar benefits in Mauritius in 2024. Your feedback means a lot to us, especially after the challenges of the past year.

If you need any assistance or have any questions while planning your trip, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re here to help!

Wishing you wonderful travels and many more enjoyable experiences!

2 Likes

Hi,
I have completed my re kyc. it has been updated successfully as well.(yes i received the confirmation mail)
i need to transfer my money urgently.
solve this issue asap

Hi @Akanksha_Mahangare,

Welcome to the Niyo Community! :hugs:

We’re on it! We’re checking with the team and will update you on ticket 2494509 shortly. Thanks for your patience—we’ll keep you posted both here and via the ticket.

Appreciate your understanding!

I have been getting same answer from your support but nothing’s happening to resolve it. i am in urgent need of money. i have completed my re kyc as well. it has been updated. my money is stuck in my account for a week now. if its not resolved by today,
tell me the procedure for closing the account cause this is the worst customer service i’ve ever experienced.

Hi @Akanksha_Mahangare,

Thank you for your time on the call. As we discussed, please allow until the end of today for the VKYC process to be completed. If you encounter any issues beyond this timeframe, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’ll be happy to look into it and resolve any concerns you may have.

We appreciate your understanding and patience.