Niyo SBM Debit Card for International Transactions

Hi Team,

My wife is in Ireland. She was using the card before, but when she went there and tried to access it, she wasn’t able to. Upon checking, it is asking for Re-KYC. I really need to know how she can do the Re-KYC. I need your assistance in this matter ASAP!

I also have a Niyo card. When I try to do it, I am unable to generate the link, nor am I able to click on support and chat with an agent.

Hi @Abhishek_bs,

Welcome to the Niyo Community! :raised_hands:

I totally understand how urgent this is for your wife in Ireland. Since she’s abroad, she will not be able to complete the Re-KYC online. Not to worry—she can reach out to SBM Bank, and they will help her complete the Re-KYC offline. She can contact them via phone at 1800-1033-817 or email at customercare@sbmbank.co.in.

For your own Niyo SBM account, if you’re in India and having trouble generating the Re-KYC link, you can use this direct link: Re-KYC Link. If you still run into issues, just let us know and we’ll be happy to assist!

Thank you for your understanding.

When I joined Niyo last year, it was clearly communicated that there would be no debit card annual maintenance fee with Equitas, and that Niyo would refund the annual maintenance fee. However, I have noticed that the bank is now charging a maintenance fee for the debit card, and Niyo is refunding this fee in the form of coins, which are of no use to me.

As I understand that the RBI ban on SBM Bank has been lifted, can someone guide me through the process of transferring my account from Niyo Equitas to Niyo SBM. Additionally, could you please clarify if there are any hidden or penalty charges associated with this transfer?

If closing the Equitas account is required before transferring, could someone please share the online process for account closure? Unfortunately, there is no Equitas bank branch in my city, so I will need to complete this process online.

Note:- This query specifically pertains to the debit card, not any credit card.

Hi @smartaquarius10

Upon reviewing your account, we see that you have already raised a ticket (ID: #2487885). Our team has provided an update on this matter, which has been sent to you via email. We kindly request you to check your inbox for the detailed information regarding your concern.

If you have any further queries or require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to connect with us. We will be happy to help you.

Hi @Akanksha_Mahangare

We attempted to call you but couldn’t reach you. Good news :smiley:—your SBM account has been activated for transactions, as confirmed by the bank team. Could you please check and let us know if everything is working for you?

If you need any more help, just reach out. Your satisfaction is our top priority! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Hi @Preeti
So I already have a SBM Debit Card and Already done my KYC as well.
Earlier I used to get information in app that SBM Debit Card will not work for international transactions abroad. And I need to get a Credit Card for that via FD.
However I received an automated call today, saying that I can se the Debit card as well.
What is the setup here. Do I need Credit card as well or will Debit card work now?
Can you please clarify.

Also @Preeti
I have placed an order for Credit card as well on 6th September, but on app it still shows Ordered only. Not shipped or anything. How to I get updated regarding the whereabouts of the card?

Hi @Anmol_Gupta,

We’re excited to share that the RBI has uplifted the restrictions on international transactions for your SBM debit card! :earth_africa::credit_card: To enable this feature, simply complete your VKYC by clicking on “Upgrade KYC” under the SBM debit card section. You’ll receive a notification from the bank once international transactions are activated.

It’s always great to have multiple cards for international use, especially with 0 forex fees! :star2:

Regarding your credit card delivery, we see that your order was placed on the 6th and is currently in progress. You’ll get the tracking details once your card is “IN TRANSIT.” :package::airplane:

For a comparison between the SBM Debit Card and the Credit Card, please click on the Product Comparison to learn more!

If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to reach out via the live chat feature in the app. Thank you! :raised_hands:

Hey , I completed my VKYC 2 days ago and after 24 hours I got the message VKYC approved successfully still till now my account is frozen and I am unable to transfer money . My whole money is stuck in my niyo sbm account and customer care is just simply telling to wait and wait . I need my money urgently pls help me .
Account number - 20012311774437

Hi @Prasrawat ,

We deeply regret the hassle caused by the freezing of your account. Please note that the unfreezing process is solely handled by the bank and is beyond our direct control.

Upon reviewing your account, we see that you have already raised a ticket (ID: #2506236). Our team has provided an update on this matter, which has been sent to you via email. We kindly request you to check your inbox for detailed information regarding your concern.

If you have any further queries or require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to connect with us. We will be happy to help you.