Niyo global card queries

I have a few doubt regarding the niyo global card

1. what are its charges ?
  2. being an existing coustomer of niyo bank do I need to redo my kyc for niyo global app
  3. what would be the charges I have to pay if I used that card in our border countries Bhutan and Nepal do I have to pay in dollars. Rate since these countries have fixed exchange rate with India not floating rates like us dollar ?
  4. do I need to pay the atm charge to the bank outside India from whom atm machine I am using your card?

Hey @Ashish_Upadhyay! Let me try to answer your queries in detail.

1. What are its charges?
There are no charges if you are inquiring about the charges to open Niyo Global by SBM account. Niyo Global by SBM is also a 0 maintenance savings account. However, to order a physical debit card, you need to add 5000 INR to your account. Once the card order is placed, you may utilise the funds for your transactions.

2. Being an existing customer of Niyo bank do I need to redo my KYC for Niyo global app?
We’d like to let you know that Niyo is not a direct bank. Niyo is partnered with various banks to deliver the best neo-banking services through Niyo Apps. Though you hold any Niyo accounts (Niyo Global by DCB/NiyoX), you still need to complete the KYC formalities to open Niyo Global by SBM account.

3. What would be the charges I have to pay if I used that card in our border countries Bhutan and Nepal do I have to pay in dollars. Rate since these countries have fixed exchange rates with India not floating rates like the US dollar?
We are sorry to let you know that Niyo cards do not work in Nepal and Bhutan (as per Visa (card provider) guidelines). In other countries, the card can be used for your international transactions and all the transactions will be based on the live Visa exchange rate.

4. Do I need to pay the atm charge to the bank outside India from whom atm machine I am using your card?
For International ATM withdrawal and balance enquiry, you’d be charged ₹100 + GST. This is in addition to the ATM charges that any bank can charge you while using their ATM. Swiping Machine & Ecom transactions do not have any other charges.

Hope all your queries are answered, If you still have any, feel free to reach out to us.

Regards,

Hi, I’m new to Niyo SBM. Recently I have created a SBM Global account. But the account holder name has my father’s name as Surname. I like to change it. Since, my name is Akhil Raj. And you have registered as Raju Mathew as my surname which is my Dad’s name I think it is mentioned in my passport. Could you please change my name it’s kind a bothering when my identity differs ( Name). Please respond as soon as possible. And tell me if there is any other way to rectify it?.

1 Like