Niyo Global Card - A review

Hi,

After using the SBM niyo global card for 2 months I thought I’ll write a review. Hope this is helpful for others thinking about getting the card!

1. Applying for the card: The application process wasn’t the most streamlined but fortunately it all worked out in the end. I already had a CKYC number which meant that I was able to set up an account and apply for the card immediately. A friend who did not already have CKYC done though had to wait almost a month for their account to be set up (hopefully niyo makes this simpler in the future)
    Once the account was set up, applying for the card was fairly simple. I transferred Rs. 5000 to the account (reflected in my SBM account immediately; in general I never had a problem with transferring money although this might be different for different users) and ordered the card.

2. Card Delivery: My card was delivered in 15 days after reaching out to Niyo (through tickets and this forum). Card delivery seems to be the biggest issue currently with orders being returned and reported as undelivered. Like many others I was quite worried that I wouldn’t receive my card in time for my travels. Fortunately, niyo actively followed up after I made them aware of my travel date and ensured that I did receive my card. I would thus encourage prospective customers to apply for cards as early as possible and reach out to customer service executives to ensure you receive your card.

3. Using the card: Once you get through the process of applying/receiving your card, using the card is actually quite convenient. I used it in 3 countries. I was also able to use it to get into the airport lounge at Delhi Airport for Rs. 2. The only place it was denied was a small street food stand. I did not use the card to withdraw cash (which I believe has a transaction fee).

4. Customer Service: The niyo community forum was the most helpful for me in getting issues resolved. The live chat was totally useless as the customer service executives always seemed to be busy. The tickets I raised were usually answered in 1-2 days. Hopefully the live chat feature is improved so that customers can get help instantly when abroad.

In the end, based on my experience I would recommend this card (even though there were a few hiccups along the way). It’s definitely my favourite amongst all the other options being offered currently in the Indian market. Do keep a back-up option though!

Hey @HZaheer! Firstly, we’d like to thank you for your time and patience in sharing your experience and feedback in detail. We are glad to hear that you are happy with our product.
We’ve made a note of your feedback and we will definitely work on them to deliver a better user experience in all aspects. For any help, you may reach out to us and we are happy to assist you.

Regards,

ridiculous and disgusting behaviour.

Hey! I got a call on August 9th from your NIYO team by a lady.

Since when I answered the call repeatedly telling hello, she was busy with her own gossips. She was busy in talking with their colleague and she just ignored my voice on the call and then after she was just acting that she is not able to hear my voice and disconnected the call.

This is very disappointing, how can you hire such irresponsible employees in your company? pathetic.

This types of people are letting your image down.

vaibhavranjan4@gmail.com

This is my registered mail id and contact number.

I don’t want any futher promotional calls or any type of callbacks or any type emails will not be entertained.

kindly look into the matter.
And Please its Humble request please improve your behaviour with your customers.