Is Niyo DCB Bank Debit Card Works In Malaysia

I’m traveling to Malaysia and need support on my Niyo card usage.

Should I take any MYR with me from India itself, or should I load all my money on my Niyo card as I am traveling solo? Is it good to take MYR from India itself, or once I rack KUL airport, I can use ATM service? If I use the ATM service, what will be the charges, and will the charges change as per the amount or be the same? Or else, is it advisable to carry INR and get it converted in Malaysia? What would be the best way to plan?

How is Nigo usage coverage in Malaysia? I mean at restaurants, shopping and travelling locally, I’m in a dilemma about whether to load money on the Niyo card or simply carry cash without any complications.

Please share your experiences.

1 Like

Hey @MW,

Welcome to the Niyo Community :raised_hands:

Thank you for reaching out with your query. Here’s a quick guide to help you make the most of your Niyo card during your trip to Malaysia:

:credit_card: Loading Your Niyo Card:
It is convenient to load your Niyo card with Indian Rupees (INR) before your trip. At the time of transaction, the Niyo card automatically converts your INR to Malaysian Ringgit (MYR) as per the Live Visa exchange rate, ensuring you get competitive rates without the hassle of currency exchange.

:dollar: Cash vs. Card: While the Niyo card is widely accepted across Malaysia for dining, shopping, and local travel, carrying a small amount of MYR for immediate needs or places that don’t accept cards is a good idea. This gives you flexibility without relying solely on card payments.

:atm: Using ATMs: You can withdraw MYR from ATMs in Malaysia using your Niyo card. There are charges associated with international ATM withdrawals, so it’s advisable to check the current rates here before your trip.

:globe_with_meridians: Coverage and Convenience: Your Niyo card works seamlessly at POS terminals for purchases, online transactions, and even for TAP & Pay services. There are no additional charges for POS and online transactions, making it a hassle-free option for most expenses.

:school_satchel: Travel Tip: To save more on your trip, use your Niyo Debit Card for ATM withdrawals and your Niyo Credit Card for all your POS and E-com (online) transactions. :blush::shopping:

Enjoy your travels! :dizzy: