How has your experience been in using Niyo Global in UAE (Dubai specifically)?

I have applied for and got my Niyo Global Card few days back and planning to use in Dubai, UAE. I want to ask from people who have possibly used the card here and can share their experience. My card is Niyo Global by SBM.

I want to make sure that when I am in UAE and need to load money to card, it is simple transfer from my other bank account (ICICI/HDFC etc) and amount will reflect pretty soon in Niyo app.
Also, at point of sale area, If asked, I should use option of paying in AED right? Not INR?
Does Lounge Access on Mumbai T2 (Loyalty Lounge) work? I mean it is in the list but I am asking does it actually work?
Did anyone try to withdraw money from ATM and if yes apart from the Rs. 100 charge by Niyo, does the bank whose ATM we used charge anything extra?

Hey @newniyouser! Welcome to Niyo Community!

Firstly, we’d like to thank you for choosing Niyo SBM. We strongly believe that you’ve chosen the best card for your upcoming international trip. Let me try to answer a few of your questions here.

Whenever and whichever country you travel to, you’ll always load INR to your Niyo SBM account from your Indian personal bank account (ICICI/HDFC/etc) and the same amount will reflect in your Niyo SBM app. At the time of the transaction (POS/Online/ATM withdrawal) at abroad, your INR will be converted to that country’s local currency without any additional currency conversion fee. (In your case, INR will be converted to AED). This conversion will happen based on the live visa exchange rate. You can view the exchange rate in your Niyo SBM app under the “Currency Converter” option. For the POS transactions that you make there will be FX adjustments.

If the lounge is listed, then the card should work there (Mumbai T2). To know more about the lounge access facility, you may read our previous post here: #FeatureUpdate > Airport Lounge Access ✈️

For International ATM withdrawal and balance enquiry, you’d be charged ₹100 + GST. This is in addition to the ATM charges that any bank can charge you while using their ATM.

Hope I was able to help you. For any further assistance, you may reach out to our live chat support through the Niyo SBM app.

Regards,

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Can Niyo card be added to Uber wallet?