I had an account with SBM Niyo Global, now I cannot access it nor I can open a new account! What to do?

So, I had opened up an account with Niyo Global and got my SBM Debit card with it. I never used it much and my account got freeze. I wrote to Niyo Global office email and global escalation email id too. After talking to them, they told me that once your account is closed with SBM Bank you cannot re open it (this conversation happened in October 2023).
Even now when I open my Niyo Global app it still shows my account logged in with same old bank account details, but I’m not able to add any money to it.

Now I’m travelling internationally again, is there any solution to unfreeze my SBM account again or open a new account with Equitas bank or SBM Bank to get a zero forex mark up card?

Or should I just drop it and look for other banks?

Since the app doesn’t give me an option to open a new account.

Thank you

Hey @Sagar01!

Apologies for the inconvenience you’ve faced with your Niyo Global account. It’s unfortunate to hear about your account freeze with SBM Bank. However, there are alternative options available through Niyo Global that you can explore for your international travels.

You can consider applying for other Niyo Global products such as Niyo Global Equitas and Niyo Global DCB. These options provide similar benefits like zero forex mark-up and may suit your requirements for international transactions.

To explore these alternatives, you can use the following links:

Niyo Global DCB: https://niyo.me/GlobalDCB

Niyo Global Equitas: https://niyo.me/GlobalEquitas

These options could offer you the convenience and benefits you seek while traveling internationally. If you have any further questions or need assistance with the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

We’re here to help you!

Hi Zahid,

Thanks for your detailed solution, but the problem is my Niyo Global app still shows my old account details and is not giving me an option to open a new account with Niyo Equitas

anything on that @Zahid_Niyo ?

Hey, could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the Niyo Global App? To onboard for either Niyo Global Equitas or Niyo Global DCB, kindly use the above provided links. Should you encounter persistent issues, please feel free to reach out via email to global@goniyo.com. Our team is dedicated to resolving your concerns promptly.

I tried this option too and wrote on the email too. I have not received any solution yet.