How to Order a Niyo Global Travel Card - Account creation

Welcome Niyo fam! :tada:

This thread is your guide to setting up your Niyo account. Whether you’re new or need help with the setup process, you’re in the right place. :rocket:

What You Can Discuss:

• Creating your Niyo account :id:

• Verifying your mobile number and email :iphone::e-mail:

• PAN, Aadhaar, and passport verification :passport_control:

• Completing Video KYC (VKYC) :selfie:t2:

• Steps to order your Niyo card :credit_card:

If you’re facing any issues up to the card ordering step, this is the place to discuss them. Our community and support team are here to assist you! :handshake:

Useful Links:

Feel free to ask questions or share your setup experience! :blush:

4 Likes

Hi,

I am not able to create SBM Debit card account via Niyo Global App. Getting bellow message,

“We will not be able to create your SBM account. We recommend you to try other banks.”

Did I failed eligibilty check or what? I have good credit score and everything.

Anyone else faced the same issue? Is there a way to resolve it?

Hi @akki1,

Welcome to the Niyo Community! :raised_hands:

It looks like there was an issue with creating your SBM account via the Niyo Global App. This problem might be due to specific regulations or policies from the bank and is not necessarily related to your credit score.

To meet your banking needs, we recommend considering the Niyo DCB account, which offers a similar range of benefits, including:

• Zero forex markup on all international transactions
  • Free international lounge access* and ATM withdrawals*
  • Up to 8% p.a. interest on your savings with quarterly payouts
  • A hassle-free banking experience designed to fit your financial goals

We appreciate your understanding and encourage you to explore the Niyo DCB account for a seamless banking experience. If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to reach out!

Hi @Nith_In,

I wanted SBM Debit card only because there the TCS is not deducted at all till 5 lakhs. In DCB debit card TCS is deducted first and then refunded after 30-45 days which is very high turn around.

Is there any other way I can talk to SBM bank get this sorted?

@akki1 I understand your concern about the TCS charges on the DCB debit card. Here’s a clarification based on the latest update from DCB Bank:

You can make international transactions up to ₹6.75 lakh per year with the DCB debit card without being charged TCS upfront.

If you exceed this limit of 6.75 lakh, TCS will be charged upfront on the transaction, but it will be refunded within 24-48 hours. For amounts exceeding ₹7 lakh, you can claim a refund by filing your Income Tax Return (ITR).

Thank you for your understanding!

I opened a account on niyo yesterday around 2 pm. I uploaded the verification documents accordingly and it said it would take 3 hours for verification but it still hasn’t been done. PLEASE HELP

Hii
IAM Hamza mill from India .
But now IAM in uae so do I able to open my account from UAE , or I need to travel India for niyo global account opening ?
Please reply

It is showin PAN and Passport Verification in Progress,it will take around 3 hours but after passing 3 hours it’s still not verified.

Please help

Hi @Anurag_Katam,

I’m pleased to confirm that your Niyo DCB savings account has been successfully created, and your physical card is on its way.

If you have any questions or need assistance, please reach out. We’re excited to be part of your financial journey! :airplane: :sparkles:

Hi @Nilanjan_Debsharma,

It looks like your Passport verification has been completed successfully. Please refresh your application, and you should be able to continue with the onboarding process for your Niyo DCB account.

If you encounter any further issues, feel free to reach out—We’re here to help!

Hi @Hamza_Millwala,

Thank you for your interest in the Niyo Global Card. Here’s what you need to know:

Eligibility: Unfortunately, you need to be in India to complete the Video KYC (VKYC) process for the Niyo Global Card. This step is essential for finalizing your account setup.

Documents Required: For completing the onboarding process, you will need:

• A valid Indian passport
  • PAN card
  • Aadhaar card

Account Setup: Please use the mobile number linked to your Aadhaar card during setup. The VKYC process must be completed while you are in India, as it cannot be done from abroad.

Once your account is set up, you can enjoy various benefits, including zero forex markup on international transactions and free international lounge access*.

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

1 Like

I tried to onboard myself via Niyo Global app.
I am trying to get the Niyo SBM Debit Card.
But the onboarding keeps failing at KYC process.
And the application keeps saying ‘We cannot create your SBM account. Please try other banks.’

I am starting my international trip on 17th August. This error seems to have blocked me for good.

Need urgent help!!

Hi @Nith_In,

I checked with one of my friend who has Niyo DCB debit card and he is being charged TCS upfront for any international payment. The TCS is being refunded after few hours.

So basically TCS is getting charged upfront in Niyo DCB debit card.

Hi @rj81309050,

We understand you’re encountering an issue with your SBM Bank card application through the Niyo Global app.

Depending on the bank’s policies, there may be some restrictions affecting the onboarding process. To provide you with similar benefits, we recommend considering the Niyo DCB account, which offers:

• Zero forex markup on all international transactions.
  • Free international lounge access and ATM withdrawals*.
  • Up to 8% p.a. with quarterly payouts on savings.
  • Transparent and hassle-free banking tailored to your financial needs.

Thank you your understanding.

I opened a account on niyo yesterday around 1.30 pm. I uploaded the verification documents accordingly and it said it would take 3 hours for verification but it still hasn’t been done. PLEASE HELP ME ASAP

I have been trying to open niyo sbm accout since past 8 days.
But i get same error everytime i try…“server error at your(niyo global) end”.
I tried customer care but they have no clue.
They keep on saying try dcb.
Like they dont even try to sort.
I dont wany any other banking partner.
I want SBM only.
Please see if anyone can help.

Hi @KALPESHJAIN,

We understand you’re encountering an issue with your SBM Bank application through the Niyo app.

Depending on the bank’s policies, there may be some restrictions affecting the onboarding process.

To provide you with similar benefits, we recommend considering the Niyo DCB account, which offers:

• Zero forex markup on all international transactions.
  • Free international lounge access and ATM withdrawals*.
  • Up to 8% p.a. with quarterly payouts on savings.
  • Transparent and hassle-free banking tailored to your financial needs.

If you have completed the SBM account onboarding process but are still facing issues, please send us a screen recording of the problem at global@goniyo.com with your concern. Our team will review it and assist you as soon as possible.

Appreciate your understanding.

Hi @Rajesh_Punia,

Could you please confirm if the VKYC process is still incomplete? If the issue persists, kindly DM me your registered email ID so we can investigate further.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

1 Like

I haven’t got any track information even after 3 days of my Physical SBM Debit card