How to avoid Hidden Fees on Klook and Agoda using Niyo cards | DCC Explained! 💸

If you’re using your Niyo card on platforms like Klook or Agoda, here’s a handy tip to avoid transaction declines and save some extra cash:

When booking, don’t select INR as the transaction currency. Choosing your home currency may seem convenient, but it’s actually part of a hidden fee trap called Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC).

Here’s why DCC can cost you extra:

:money_with_wings: Foreign merchants or ATMs may offer a conversion to INR but at a much higher exchange rate.

:money_with_wings: You could end up paying 5-10% more!

To get the best rates and avoid unnecessary charges, always opt for the local currency of your destination. :earth_asia:

Learn more and see how to avoid DCC on Klook :point_left:

Learn more and see how to avoid DCC on Agoda :point_left:

Any questions? Post them below, and we’ll clarify!

3 Likes

Hi,

I have got a Niyo DCB debit card. I am trying to make a purchase online through Klook for an experience in Japan. My international limits etc are all in place, but still it is getting declined. Why?

I read somewhere I will have to choose local currency, but how do I do that?

Hey @RR11

Welcome to the Niyo Community! :raised_hands:

Thanks for reaching out! We’ll surely assist you with this. To investigate further, I’ll need your details—your registered number and the transaction error screenshot. Please send them via DM. Here’s how:

• Click on my profile icon.

• Click on “MESSAGE”.

• Upload any screenshots by clicking on the upload icon, and then click “Send Message”.

Alternatively, you can email us at global.escalation@goniyo.com and share your ticket number. If you already have an existing ticket, kindly provide the ticket number here. We’ll follow up on it. Appreciate your patience!

Thank you for the call, Rohit! As we discussed, make sure to select the currency of the country you’re transacting with on the Klook website instead of INR for smoother transactions.

I hope that helps! If you need any further assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out—you can always count on us! :innocent: :raised_hands:

Thanks for the support Preeti. THe transaction went through

1 Like

The pleasure was all mine! Take care, and have a wonderful trip ahead! :airplane: :handbag: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m trying to pay for my booking on agoda, and everytime I use my niyo DCB Bank debit card it fails, saying that it’s unable to process this credit card.

Hey @Snigdha_Das,

Welcome to the Niyo Community! :raised_hands:

We’re sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your Niyo DCB Bank debit card! It should work seamlessly on Agoda and other similar platforms. Please ensure you select the currency of the country you’re visiting when making your booking.

While it might seem convenient to use your home currency, this can sometimes cause declines due to Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) errors, especially with INR abroad. To avoid any issues, we recommend using the local currency for your transactions, as we’ve disabled the home currency option due to forex conversion markup.

If you’re still facing problems, please send us a screenshot of the error, and we’ll get this checked and assist you promptly!