Disappointing experience with Niyo global debit card

I recently had the misfortune of using the Niyo Global Debit Card during my travels abroad, and I must say, it was an utterly disappointing experience.

First and foremost, the exorbitant charges associated with international cash withdrawal left me in shock. Despite not withdrawing any cash, I was charged a staggering 400 rupees simply for inserting the card. This high markup felt like a blatant money grab and left me feeling cheated and frustrated.

Furthermore, the lack of transparency regarding these charges is highly concerning. There was no clear explanation provided as to why such a hefty fee was imposed for a simple card insertion.

In addition to the excessive fees, the overall user experience of the Niyo Global Debit Card fell short of expectations. The interface was clunky, and navigating through the terms and conditions proved to be a cumbersome task.

Overall, I cannot in good conscience recommend the Niyo Global Debit Card to anyone looking for a reliable and cost-effective solution for international transactions. The exorbitant charges and lackluster user experience make it a regrettable choice for travelers. Save yourself the hassle and explore alternative options for your financial needs abroad.

Hi Nikki,

We deeply regret the inconvenience you encountered during your recent experience with our service. Your feedback is vital to us, and we are committed to addressing your concerns promptly.

Regarding the charges you mentioned, it’s important to clarify that our fees adhere strictly to banking regulations, ensuring fairness and transparency. Unfortunately, some ATM merchants may impose additional fees beyond our control, which are disclosed only after the transaction. However, our standard charges for international ATM withdrawals are as follows:

• Credit card by SBM Bank: Now INR 500 or 2.5% of the transaction amount*
  • Debit card by Equitas: Now INR 499 (including INR 422.88 + 18% GST)

For domestic ATM withdrawals, the charges are as follows:

• Credit card by SBM Bank: Now INR 500 or 2.5% of the transaction amount*

We understand your frustration and assure you that we continuously strive to enhance our user experience. As part of our commitment to providing value to our customers, we offer Niyo Global Equitas debit card, Niyo Global DCB card, and Niyo Global secured credit card, all of which feature zero forex markup on international transactions. Additionally, we provide a range of benefits to optimize your financial experience.

FYI,

If your TCS deductions go over 7 lakhs, you’ve got to pay the tax. Other than that there will be know additional charges for swiping the card in the Merchant.:bar_chart::sparkles:

For any TCS clarifications, check out this helpful link: https://niyo.me/tcs_niyoglobalcards

For further clarifications regarding our services, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our in-app support team by emailing global@goniyo.com.

Thank you for your understanding, and we hope to regain your trust in the future.

Hello

As I mentioned in the mail I have not withdrawn any amount I inserted my card it is showing high markup so I cancelled the transaction.

Hi @Nikki_S ,

Apologies for the delayed response. We do not have any hidden charges; our fees are standard as mentioned in the previous reply. Any additional charges you see are merchant fees, which we are not aware of and have no control over.

Thanks