Best of Bhutan in 4-5 days

Check the above and refer below itinerary

Day 1: Arrival in Phuentsholing

• Take a train from India to Hasimara, the nearest railway station to Phuentsholing.
  • Cross the border into Bhutan and check into your hotel.
  • Visit the Zangto Pelri Lhakhang and explore the local markets.
  • Overnight stay in Phuentsholing.

Day 2: Thimphu

• Take a bus or hire a taxi to Thimphu, the capital city of Bhutan.
  • Visit the Tashichho Dzong, Buddha Dordenma, and the National Memorial Chorten.
  • Explore the local markets and try Bhutanese cuisine.
  • Overnight stay in Thimphu.

Day 3: Paro

• Travel to Paro, known for its stunning landscapes and historical sites.
  • Visit the Paro Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest) monastery, Rinpung Dzong, and the National Museum of Bhutan.
  • Enjoy a leisurely walk around the town and shop for souvenirs.
  • Overnight stay in Paro.

Day 4: Punakha

• Travel to Punakha, a picturesque valley town known for its Punakha Dzong.
  • Visit the Punakha Dzong, Chimi Lhakhang (Temple of Fertility), and the Sangchhen Dorji Lhuendrup Lhakhang Nunnery.
  • Enjoy a relaxing evening by the Punakha river.
  • Overnight stay in Punakha.

Day 5: Departure

• Travel back to Phuentsholing and cross the border into India.
  • Board your train back home, carrying beautiful memories of your Bhutan trip.

Tips:

1. Bhutan levies SDF 1200INR PP/PD so for the first night stay in India side (Jaigaon) next day start to live in Bhutan. Taking tour guide is compulsory, choose the package and bargain well they do give better prices too.

2. Use Buses, they are cheap and takes almost same time like taxis.

3. Buy only what you want and not what your your guide recommends you will end up buying things look simple yet very expensive as they claim it is hand made.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your Bhutan itinerary @realnawabkhan! It looks fantastic. :smiley:

One quick question: Do you have any recommendations for the best places to try Bhutanese cuisine in Thimphu?

1 Like

https://maps.app.goo.gl/yN8r9PJ1GsR1NzyE6?g_st=com.google.maps.preview.copy

This is one of my Favourite one apart from this there are few others nearby but this is my recommendation.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! Thanks for sharing! :raised_hands:

1 Like

This travel plan is looking very exciting! I don’t know much about Bhutan, but it seems you have a wonderful mix of culture, history, and nature ready. Thanks for sharing these tips and suggestions

2 Likes

Thank you for taking time to read my post. Your appreciation means a lot.

3 Likes