Benefit of using Niyo global debit card over niyo global credit card

Dear all .I own a Niyo global debit card which i intend to use for international travel. Is there any benefit of using a niyo global credit card over Niyo global debit card ?

Hey @Kaushik_Dhume!

Welcome to the Niyo Community! :grinning:

Glad you asked! I’d be happy to explain the benefits of both the Niyo Credit and Debit cards to help you compare and understand the differences.

Niyo currently offers two debit cards with our partner banks: the Niyo DCB Debit Card and the Niyo SBM Debit Card. In addition, we provide a secured credit card that’s FD-backed with SBM Bank.

If you already have either of the Niyo Debit Cards, you can apply for the Niyo Credit Card directly through the Niyo app. Just create a savings account with Niyo SBM, and if you already have one, you’re all set! Let us know if you need any assistance with that.

While all Niyo cards share fantastic features like zero forex markup on international transactions, airport lounge access outside India (spend-based), three free international ATM withdrawals (refunded as Niyo Coins), a reward program (also Niyo Coins), and other app features, there are some key differences:

1. TCS Charges: The major difference is that there’s no Tax Collected at Source (TCS) applicable on the Niyo Credit Card since it doesn’t fall under the Liberalized Remittance Scheme (LRS). This means you can spend over ₹7 lakh in a financial year without incurring any TCS. However, with the Niyo DCB Debit Card, there’s a 20% TCS deduction on every transaction once you exceed ₹7 lakh (which can be claimed back while filing the ITR). For the Niyo SBM Debit Card, there’s an overall limit of ₹5 lakh for international transactions.

2. Pre-authorizations: Another significant difference is that you can use the Niyo Credit Card for pre-authorizations at hotels and for cab bookings, while the debit card does not have this feature.

For more details, you can check out this link: https://niyo.me/niyo-cards-comparison to find the option that best fits your needs!

If you’re planning to travel abroad, I recommend having both a Niyo Debit Card (great for ATM withdrawals) and a Niyo Credit Card (ideal for POS and online transactions). It’s always a good idea to have a backup card as well!

Hope this helps, and feel free to reach out if you have any more questions! Safe travels! :blush::airplane: