No agent is available for video re-KYC

App forces me to do video re-KYC within 3 days. Asks me to enter address, Aadhar and PAN details. Then asks me to connect to agent. No agents get connected even after waiting for long time. And then it fails with error saying Video re-KYC is not completed.
How does Niyo expects us to complete re-KYC if they have no agents?

4 Likes

Hi Naveen,

I hope this message finds you well.

I’m reaching out regarding the challenges you’ve encountered with completing the video re-KYC process. I understand the frustration of being unable to connect with agents despite multiple attempts.

Unfortunately, direct involvement in the re-KYC process is not within our purview. However, we are actively liaising with SBM Bank, the bank associated with your account, to address this issue. In the meantime, I recommend reaching out to SBM Bank directly at customercare@sbmbank.co.in for assistance and alternative options.

We apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused and assure you that we are working diligently to find a resolution.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.

Same thing happened with me too, in February 2nd week I got mail/SMS for VKYC. I was out of the country at that time. Then I came to know that VKYC cannot be done by staying out of the country. I came back to India on the 3rd week of February. Then I tried VKYC daily but the agent kept waiting for 2 hours to connect. Then I had to come out of the country again on 1st March, so I tried VKYC again last time and luckily my video call was made. The agent also completed the VKYC but as soon as the video call got disconnected, a message appeared on the mobile screen that “VIDEO KYC is not completed, please click the below mentioned link to proceed video KYC again”. I had to leave for the airport after 1 hour. Now today on 16th March 2024 again I got a mail that SBM KYC is about to expire. Complete Video KYC TO Continue SBM Account | When I spoke to NIYO support they said that if you are abroad then the link will not be functional for customers residing abroad. In such cases, customers are advised to utilize the funds in their account before their account is FROZEN. So does this mean that the public will have to come to India just to get VKYC done?

Hi @Pink_web_Mall!

I understand your challenges with the VKYC process, especially given your travel schedule. Unfortunately, VKYC can only be completed while you’re physically present in India due to the geolocation verification requirement.

Regarding your query about having to come to India just for VKYC, while that’s the current process, I recommend reaching out directly to SBM Bank at customercare@sbmbank.co.in. They might have alternative solutions or guidance for customers in your situation.

Rest assured, we will also follow up with the bank from our end to explore if there’s any possibility of finding a solution or alternative arrangements to help facilitate the VKYC process for customers in similar situations.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. We’ll do our best to assist you in resolving this matter.

I have been facing the same issue with vkyc with SBM bank, no one joins the video calls, very pathetic service from SBM. Couple of months back i was getting email to do the VKYC and at that time as well after aadhar verification no one used to join the calls and the notification stopped coming all by itself. Again now i am getting the same notification that the account will be deactivated if the VKYC is not done and again no one from SBM joins the video calls, I am just left to wait in the call. I complained multiple times to SBM bank customer care and each time they ask me to join back the link for VKYC assuring me that someone will join, but no one does in the end. Aboslutely pathetic.

I have been also a victim of this re-KYC process that has taken an absolute toll on my patience with dealing with such a ridiculous hassle. Since the transactions are happening through Niyo/GoalWise, shouldn’t you people take responsibility in addressing this situation to the customers?

Why are the customers not given a heads-up to know that the account will be frozen if certain steps aren’t taken? Today my account got frozen and I was intimated about this only minutes before it froze. I think this is intentional so that people don’t withdraw their money.

Hi,

apologies for the inconvenienced caused. I recommend reaching out directly to SBM Bank at customercare@sbmbank.co.in. They might have alternative solutions or guidance for customers in your situation.

Thanks

I am really frustrated with e-KYC already wasted 3 hours and even tried connecting with customer care which was of no help. I even raised the complaint on SBM redressal form will never share any complaint id to you.

Same experience. Very disappointed.