50K Money Debited and Account Closed

Hi Team,

I have been using NIYO Bank for quite a while now but recent experience has been ghastly. INR 50,000 was debited from my account [with equitas] and then I recieve an email that my Equitas bank has been closed?

I work in banking Fraud industry to know this is internal fraud. Someone in NIYO Bank is taking away the money and closing our accounts. I see multiple such threads in the community. Team - please do something about it and something soon since this is concerning.

Request to not reply w/ generic response. INR 50,000 has been lost - need to get it back.

I feel bad for what you went through. It’s surely worrying, particularly as you have a history in the field of banking fraud. Did you attempt to contact NIYO Bank’s top management or their fraud section? Moreover, if you have not done so already, it could be beneficial to report this situation to the appropriate financial regulatory bodies. This might assist in speeding up a solution and returning your money.

Hi @bhutravivek7,

Welcome to the Niyo Community! :raised_hands:

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the unexpected closure of your account by Equitas Bank. This action was taken due to your non-serviceable PIN code. Please note, the bank should have notified you via email on your registered email ID prior to this action.

Rest assured, the remaining balance in your account will be disbursed to your communication address via Demand Draft (DD). For further assistance or clarifications, please contact Equitas Bank at customerservice@equitasbank.com or call 1800 103 1222, Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM.

Appreciate your understanding.