Difference between "Niyo X" and "Niyo Global Equitas"

I have seen this question asked a couple of times, but nobody is giving a comprehensive answer.

There seem to be 2 similar products.

Niyo-X → NiyoX - Online Savings Account Opening With Best Interest Rates
Niyo Global → https://goniyo.com/

In the second one, there are 3 options - FD backed credit card with SBM, debit card with DCB or debit card with equitas.

What is the difference between “Niyo X” and the 3rd option of Niyo Global? Both are debit cards with equitas right? How are they different?

Should I download the Niyo Global app, or should I download the Niyo X app and choose equitas?

1 Like

Hey @harisundara.rajan!

Thank you for your inquiry!

Both the NiyoX and Niyo Global Equitas card are essentially similar, sharing the same partner bank, Equitas Small Finance Bank. The key distinction lies in the app experience. When you apply for the Niyo Global Equitas through the Niyo Global app, you gain the convenience of managing other Niyo accounts all in one app. Conversely, opting for the NiyoX Equitas card provides a dedicated app for managing your account.

Notably, Niyo Global Equitas offers an extra perk – complimentary lounge access through the Niyo Global app, a feature not available with NiyoX. Despite this difference, both cards offer consistent features, including zero forex markup, a zero-balance savings account, and competitive interest rates.

Niyo currently offers 3 cards for international travel and payments: Niyo Global DCB (Debit card, 0 balance Savings account), Niyo Global Equitas Debit card (0 balance Savings account), and Niyo Global Credit card (Secured credit card FD backed, in partnership with SBM bank).

All Niyo Global cards have ZERO FOREX markup on international transactions and provide complimentary lounge access at Indian international terminals (4/year and 1/quarter).

Notably, Niyo Global cards come with no joining fee, annual charges, or hidden fees. For a detailed product comparison, check here: https://niyo.me/Niyo-products-comparison.

In addition to our existing suite of international transaction cards, we are soon launching the Niyo Global Unsecured Credit Card, in partnership with the Federal Bank. This card is expected to be available in the month of February this year.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Whoa! awesome, thank you for the detailed answer, that’s exactly what I was looking for.

Both the NiyoX and Niyo Global Equitas card are essentially similar
The key distinction lies in the app experience

Thanks for the clarification.

Notably, Niyo Global Equitas offers an extra perk – complimentary lounge access through the Niyo Global app, a feature not available with NiyoX

This is super useful information and not at all clear anywhere else except your answer here. Thanks again!

both cards offer consistent features

Understood.

Niyo currently offers 3 cards for international travel and payments:

Right, but I am not really a fan of DCB, and I would prefer a debit card than a FD backed secured card, so I know I am going with Equitas, just wanted to understand better “Niyo Global” vs “Niyo X”, which you have explained.

Thanks!!

2 Likes

So international ATM withdrawal fees are -

NiyoX - 500/transaction
DCB - 300/transaction
Niyo Global - 200/transaction

Is this Correct?