Unsatisfactory Shit out there at Niyo Global

These guys have kept me waiting from 03rd July till today. Whenever I asked if they can make this card or I should look for other alternatives, They said that I’ll get the card as there’s everything done from my end. It’s just a technical issue their team is solving. Now they are not calling me back. I want to talk to you guys and the higher authority else I’ll spam every social media account of Niyo telling your services and false promises. Okay I was denied onboarding but what is my issue? Everything from my end is sorted.

Hey @guptapriyanshu

We certainly understand your discontent. This was certainly not intended to have you waiting for the fix. Kindly bear with us. Your concern has been highlighted. Our team will connect with you soon.

Gracias,
Ranjith M

No you don’t understand. Had you been understanding, I’d have received the card by now. NVM I’m gonna file a official complaint against all those false promises I was assured and make sure strict action is taken against you guys.

That’s not what I wanted. Nomore interested in DCB or ESFB. I was waiting for the call since the morning and I didn’t get any. This was the fear I was getting from the start but I was promised to get onboard by your team so I didn’t apply from anywhere else. I was clearly said that there is nothing wrong with myside and if the issue is from your side, you have to fix it instead denying the onboarding. This is not funny Deepak. You guys have kept a person waiting for 20 days giving him false promises and now when there’s no hope from other side, you are denying the onboarding. I want this to be done else I’ll make sure to sue you guys in each way possible. I was constantly asking you to Connect me to your tech team but you didn’t. Now I want to talk to the senior manager of yours. Please schedule a call ! PLEASE

Hi @guptapriyanshu, we sincerely apologise for keeping you waiting. Our team has tried all the ways that are possible from our end to help you. All the attempts have failed. We understand that you have a CKYC number and were able to open bank accounts and investments on various platforms. It was unfortunate that we couldn’t onboard you for Niyo SBM due to CKYC issues.

As an alternative, you may use your NiyoX card for your international transactions and you may also check Niyo DCB . Both offer a 0% mark-up on forex transactions. Let us know if you are interested in Niyo DCB and we’ll help you with it.

I had already heard this excuse before. I was assured so I kept waiting. I was not told this before. I will make sure I take all legal actions for this activity because it’s nothing less than a fraud. You guys are so busy in marketing your products that you never allow the users to go somewhere else. I clearly made it clear that I won’t be using NiyoX. I already have an account in SBM bank via IND Money. That time I was promised that I will get my card within this month only. I asked if I should see some alternatives if you’re not sure. So i was said that I would definitely get this. Now when you can not get me the niyo global one, you’re selling me Niyox card. Will you get me a longue access in Niyox? Will you waive off the second year fee of that card ( with NO TERMS on AMB ) ? Will you remove all the limits of txn like you do with Niyo Global? If you can do that, plz sell me your product, else it’s good for nothing.

Hey @guptapriyanshu

I thoroughly understand the despondency from this instance you’ve come across. We certainly didn’t intend to deny you. Our team has predominantly taken every possible stretch to have you on board. Unfortunately, we couldn’t make it. If there were even a mere possibility, we’d have pitched in for you without a question. As informed, you may try NiyoX or Niyo DCB at the moment. We’ll not be able to proceed with your onboarding for Niyo Global by SBM. Appreciate your understanding.

Gracias,
Ranjith M

Can you please tell me exact what’s my mistake? What’s the exact error that you’re facing?? How can I improve that? Why can’t my CKYC details be fetched?

Also, I can’t signup for Niyo DCB.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Is this true now?

A post was merged into an existing topic: I created account in niyo global but it show your account creation is pending. I send mail to niyo emila adresss and they ask me to send screenshot. I send them screenshot but then no reply

Do I deserve a reply??

Hey @guptapriyanshu

We’ve checked with our team. Unfortunately, we don’t have an option to onboard you with us at the moment. Regret the hassle experience. We feel disheartened it had to be this. In case, we come up with any possibility in the future. You’ll hear from us through the media handles.

Gracias,
Ranjith M

Just wanted to check if you even know the exact reason. Can you please tell me why your system is not able to fetch my information? Is there anything that I can do with my docs or it’s your system who is at fault.