Unable To Transact In POS Using Card Swipe

Hi,

I am unable to transact in POS using the card swipe method. I have set the desired atm pin and have unlocked all the channels of my Niyo SBM card. The card limits are set as the default limits; therefore, card swipe is allowed. However, whenever I try to transact using the card swipe method at Indian merchant terminals, the transaction is declined. I have even mailed the customer support team at global@goniyo.com, but I haven’t received a response. Does anyone know how to fix this error?

Thanks,
Pratyush

Hey @pratyushmanocha ! Welcome to Niyo community. Sorry you had to face this issue. We’re working on this issue currently as we speak. Regret the inconvenience.

Regards

Hi @ashrithjain, do you have a timeline in mind by when this would be fixed?

Regards,
Pratyush

@pratyushmanocha Will keep you posted on the same. We are working day in and out to get this resolved on priority basis.

Cheers!
Bansari

@Bansari Thanks!
A tentative date of resolution would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Pratyush

Hi @pratyushmanocha ,

We do apologize we can’t give a set timeframe, but our team will come just as soon as there’s an update.

Cheers!
Bansari

Hi @Bansari,
I understand that you can’t provide a set timeline; however, if you have even an estimate of when it would start working, that would make my and many others’ international travels a lot easier.

Regards,
Pratyush

Hi @Bansari,
Is there any update on this issue? When can we expect this to be resolved?

I am also facing this issue when I transact in POS using the card swipe method. Please look into this matter asap.