Unable to create NIYO GLOBAL account as it keeps failing in aadhaar verification in IOS

Unable to create Niyo global sbm account from ios.
It always fails with below error when trying to enter aadhaar OTP:

Looks like we are having some trouble fetching the
Aadhaar record at our end. Please check if the entered
otp is correct and valid.

Please help

Hello @Gopal_Chandak ! Thank you so much for your precious time on call. We hope that we were able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. :blush:

Please reach out to our Live chat support by navigating through the Menu->Support section in the Niyo SBM app if we can ever assist in the future.

Hi @Wasim_Al_Basha for your help in account creation process and also helping me understand the various features and benefits.

You’re Most Welcome! Wishing you a delightful day Ahead :grinning: - WB

hi @Wasim_Al_Basha Please help me out on this same issue . I am getting error once i provided my aadhar otp “Looks like we are having some trouble fetching the
Aadhaar record at our end. Please check if the entered
otp is correct and valid”.

Please help me out

I am bit disappointed in how NiyoX is working. I have been trying to create an account from morning (4th August 2022). I always get to the page of Aadhaar verification and after the OTP verification, its state I have an account with Equitas Bank and we are unable to open an account.

But, I have never created any account in Equitas Bank before, so I am not sure how this assumption was reached.

Also, when I tired to reach support from the App, they didn’t have any proper option and when I wanted to create an issue, they said its having some technical problem.

Being a tech company, I expect the product to be more robust and functional. If I experience the same after putting my money. I won’t be very pleased.

Hope I get a proper resolution and quickly. I also hope the product will become more stable.

Regards,
Amit