Struck in the account creation

Hi Community,

Summary:
It has been more than a month and yet my account is not created. I have been reaching to the support team via Live chat who reply after 6-8hours (How can you expect someone to reply that late on a “Live Chat”).

Details:
I have requested for my account creation in May 2022.

First they stated that it is some technical issue and will be resolved in few days.

I was asked to wait till the end of June for account creation, which I waited but no use.

After follow up again in the first week of July, they asked me to wait for 24-48 hours for the account reset to begin the process again.

Firstly why is there a need to reset account. Secondly, why is there a WhatsApp contact number if no one responds.

I already have my CKYC which can be used, which I have mentioned in the chat with them, but it appears that they do not even care about it. The customer care does not care to call customer once the ticket is assigned, discuss the problem and inform the customer about possible solution.

I still hope that some good member will highlight this to the management and take necessary steps for prospective customers so that they do not face the miserable experience I have faced in my onboarding.

Hey @PraphulSamavedam ! We would not like any of our customers to have such an impression of us, and we regret the unintended grievance caused here. Please NOTE that, a few of our users are still facing this issue while onboarding for Niyo SBM. It has been highlighted to our team and they are working to resolve this. Unfortunately, it’s taking an unusual time. Please be assured that, we are constantly following up with our team to have this fixed. It would be great if you can allow us some more time. In the meantime, you may use your NiyoX which offers a 0 forex mark-up for international transactions.- WB

I’m facing the same problem. It has been a month and still my account is not opened.

Hey @pratik_boghani! Welcome to Niyo Community!

We are sorry for keeping you waiting. Our system has fetched and detected that you have an OTP-Based e-KYC & KYC year is 2020. For Niyo SBM, the KYC type should be Normal. Due to this reason, we couldn’t onboard you for Niyo SBM.

Here, you may have to contact your service provider (possibly your bank) where OTP-Based e-KYC has been done and needs to be updated to Normal KYC. Thereafter, you should be able to complete the onboarding formalities for Niyo Global by SBM.

Regards,

But where I have to update this KYC option.
And will you reset my account so i can do all things again.

Hi @pratik_boghani, you may have to contact your service provider (possibly your bank) where OTP-Based e-KYC has been done and needs to be updated to Normal KYC . Thereafter, you should be able to complete the onboarding formalities for Niyo Global by SBM.

Firstly Thanks @Wasim_Al_Basha for the reply, so that I can know that someone in the community have seen this post and do respond in the community.

Secondly thanks for sharing the information that you do offer 0 markup fee through NiyoX, but given the current experience I have faced, I see that there will be slim chances that I would not be struck with this one as well.

Do not get me wrong, but it appears to be more like cross selling of NiyoX for Niyo Global customers.

Firstly, how does it matter if it is OTP based KYC or CKYC or something else, if your team is doing KYC again as your team has requested for the documents to do the KYC?

I still do not get why does not someone reach out to customers on their phone(registered mobile number) to explains the things to them. I have a gut feeling that this aspect is one of the big drawbacks that needs the team’s attention.

Either way, can you please help me with the bank that I need to approach for changing of the KYC from OTP based to normal and the process required (if possible) at the earliest.

Hi @PraphulSamavedam, recommending the NiyoX product to anyone who is planning an early trip so they can carry NiyoX for their future use. to convert OTP-based KYC to standard KYC. You must get in touch with your customized banking partners to switch that to a Normal-type KYC. We regret to notify you that there is no specific IVR for contacting us. You can contact us by email at global@goniyo.com and a member of our staff will be pleased to help.

Hi Manisha,

Can you please help me with the bank name which has the OTP based KYC so that I can change.

Nextly, Doesn’t NiyoX use the KYC? How will this not be an issue in that case.

Hey @PraphulSamavedam! We do not have the details of the platform where you have OTP-based e-KYC. KYC for NiyoX can be completed in two ways i.e via live video call or an offline procedure. If you are opting for an offline procedure, our biometric KYC team will reach out to you at your communication address and help you with the KYC formalities. Whereas, live video KYC can be completed through the NiyoX app.

Regards,

I’m also facing the same issue. I tried to create an account a week ago but nothing has happened since.

Hey @Ben_S_Mathew! Welcome to Niyo Community!

Inconvenience regretted! A few of our users are facing this issue while onboarding for Niyo SBM. It has been highlighted to our team and they are working on it. Unfortunately, it’s taking a long time. We’ll reach out to you upon receiving an update. In the meantime, you may try NiyoX which offers a 0 forex mark-up for international transactions.

Regards,

Sorry I got this wrong. My KyC is not struck due to OTP based KYC. Can you resolve my issue at the earliest?
It had been more than 6weeks and with pathetic customer support. I have no clue on my account creation.
Quickly contact me on mobile number to have this resolved at the earliest.

I have updated my KYC in all my bank accounts which they also have mentioned that my KYC was initially done with CDD and didn’t require at all.

Hi @PraphulSamavedam, we are sorry to inform you that as per our findings, we see that you have not met the minimum onboarding criteria to onboard for the Niyo Global by SBM account. Your CKYC account type is OTP-based e-KYC whereas we need at least one full CKYC entry to onboard you. We will let you know once we have a solution around this through our social channels. Stay tuned!**