Refund of Pre-authorised blocked amount not received even after 35 days. DCB bank niyo debit card

I have not received a refund of INR 17000+ on my DCB Niyo Debit card for a pre-authorised blocked amount. It has been more than 35 days. The transaction was done on 21 st april. I have been following up with Niyo as well as DCb bank but they are not ready to provide any response to the query. I had also mase a similar transaction from my BOB credit card but received the refund on the next day. I dont know why the refund is still pending on DCB debit card. I also followed up with the merchant and they replied that any pre-authorised amount is reversed automatically within 24 hours. They also provided me the details of the process through which the card issuing bank has to retrieve the amount. The process is mentioned in the attached pdf.
Valitor notification.pdf (99.0 KB)

Hi @Roli ,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Could you please provide the ticket reference number? I will personally check on it and coordinate with our team to ensure the issue is resolved as quickly as possible.

Thanks

The ticket number is CS1261372.
Please update me on what is happening on this ticket. As everytime i contact customer care, they give me standard reply with no update.

Hi @Roli ,

We are unable to track the issue with the reference number provided. You should have received a 7-digit numerical reference number. Please share that number with me. Just to confirm, I hope you have written an email to global@goniyo.com.

Thanks

Attaching the screenshot of email i have sent to dcb bank

Hi @Roli ,

Unfortunately, there’s not much we can do about this issue at the moment, as the delay is from DCB Bank itself. You will need to follow up with them directly to resolve this. We understand this is frustrating, and we appreciate your patience.

Thanks

I have been following up with both niyo and dcb bank for past 30 days and both are delegating me to each other. there is a ticket number raised to niyo and dcb back and it was told to me that the respective team will call me and i have not received any calls or any contact was made.
This is really disappointing as I have been tirelessly following up to get my own money back

Hi @Roli ,

I truly apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. We have contacted DCB Bank with the reference number you provided and will ensure to follow up diligently. Please understand that we are also dependent on the bank’s processes, and it is not our intention to keep our users waiting longer than expected. We sincerely apologize and will keep you updated with any new information we receive.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi @Roli ,

Apologies for the delay in response.

I have checked, and the issues you highlighted have been resolved. If you continue to experience any problems or have any further concerns, please feel free to write to us here or send an email to global@goniyo.com. Our team is ready to assist you with any inquiries you may have.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi I am also facing the same issue.

Hi @Sekharbabu ,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused, please email global@goniyo.com. Our dedicated team will review your case and assist you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Please also share the ticket number with me once you raise it. We will check and update you.

Thanks

Hi @Jumain_Qureshi ,
I have already raised a case the case number is 2295037.
I have done a pre-auth transaction on 20-May-2024 for 150Euros and the merchant has debited 65Euros on 22-May-2024 and released the remaining 85Euros on the same day.
It has been more than two weeks but still amount has not been credited to my account

Hi @Sekharbabu ,

I will check this with my team and revert you at the earliest.

Thanks

1 Like

I am also facing the same issue since 14-05-2024 . I got refund of Cad $ 418.86 to my Niyo Debit card . That’s still not credited to my account. i have taken up with DCB bank and sent mail to Niyoglobal also.
The mail sent to Niyo global and DCB bank is :slight_smile:
Dear Sir,
My DCB BANk account no with you is xxxxxx00001045.
On 14-05-2024 an International POS transaction of Rs. 25629/ ( CAD 418.16 ) was done at Hilton Hotel , Niagra Falls , Ontario Canada using my Niyo global debit

card no. xx0684 . The transaction no. is POS VS/413516613289
As it was a wrong transaction for hotel payment , as soon as the hotel realized it was returned back as per authorisation code no. 613289 from Hilton Niagra Falls view hotel and suites.
It was told by Hilton Hotel Niagara Canada that amount would be returned to my account in 5 business days. But 7 days have passed and i have not received back the amount. The authorisation code from Hilton hotel is attached with this.

Kindly contact your International channel partners for early credit of this amount to my account.

Thanks and regards.

Hi @B_M_Setia ,

Could you share with me the ticket reference number. Which you raised with Niyo. I will have this check with my team and revert you.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Jumain_Qureshi
I have contacted the Niyo customer care and they say that its related to DCB account and i should contact the DCB team.
I have contacted the DCB customer care as well and they say that its related to Niyo and i should talk with Niyo.
Both are trying to pin it on each other and not resolving this.

Hi @Sekharbabu ,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Could you please follow up on the ticket reference number provided to our team? I will also check and confirm with my team. Please ensure to leave an email on the ticket about your experience with the Bank.

Thank you.

Hi @Jumain_Qureshi

I have replied on the email to Niyo that DCB is asking me to follow up with Niyo.
Not sure what they will reply.
Looks like this is a common issue for many people using the Niyo DCB card.
Neither DCB nor Niyo is resolving the issues.
Kindly resolve this ASAP.
The hotel has confirmed me that they have deducted only 65 Euros and cancelled the pre-auth and there is nothing else from their side.

Hi @Sekharbabu ,

A callback has been arranged from the bank. They will reach out to you shortly to address your concerns and provide assistance. Please keep your phone available to ensure you don’t miss their call. If you have any further questions or need additional help in the meantime, feel free to let us know. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thanks

Hi @Jumain_Qureshi ,

Saw your message and i have a missed call.
May be its from the bank i am not sure.
Can you arrange for another call please