Onboarding issue with passport file number accceptance

hey I am facing issues with passport file number , I have a Indian passport with expiry of 2029 still it is giving error " expired or incorrect passport file number please help me.
I have my last attempt left so you can understand i have checked and tried so many times
Mail id : Thakkarsuraj194@gmail.com
Mobile number : 8080505429

Hey @Suraj_Thakkar! Welcome to Niyo Community!

To complete the onboarding for Niyo Global by SBM, you need to have a passport issued in India. If you are having that and still facing an issue, we’d request you share the error screenshot of the app (if you’ve previously captured any) and inbox us your passport file number and we’ll have this checked for you.

Regards,

Hi,
I am facing the same issue. Probably because my passport was renewed while I was out of India. But that shouldn’t be a problem as the passport is still an Indian passport.
Would this be sorted out, else I might have to go for Fi instead, I guess.

Hi @iimraann , welcome to our community!

As Niyo Global by SBM is a forex card, the bank has requested to have a Passport Verification as a part of onboarding. Currently, the system accepts the passport file numbers which were issued or renewed in India. It does not accept which were renewed abroad. You may have to try onboarding after renewing it in India. Kindly check out our post here: File number (Passport application no.) - #2 by Deepak for better understanding. Thank you!

Thanks @Manisha_Radhakrishna
As I won’t be able to wait, I’ll go with some other card from a different venture. I had a forex already issued on my current passport before, so the limitation is with Niyo’s system, it seems. Would recommend you to fix it, as you are losing potential customers because of this.

2 Likes

I totally agree, i was happy to be a part of it but then the issue arrived as my passport is renewed overseas too, but it is indian passport offcourse. I am also moving to alternate option instead with sad :pensive: face as i liked niyo so much

Hey @Red_Roses! Welcome to Niyo Community!

Thanks for showing your interest. We are sorry that we couldn’t help you as of now. However, your feedback has been duly noted and it will be shared with our team. In case, if there is a possibility to onboard you in the future, we’ll definitely let you know.

Regards,

@Deepak Tried to apply for the card, and faced the same issue. Passport has been issued from India, I have read about a few having issues with passports issued from outside India.

Hey @asish.bm! Welcome to Niyo Community!

Your Niyo Global by SBM account has been created and we believe that you were able to access your account by logging in to the app. For any further help, you may reach out to our live chat support through the app.

Regards,

Issue still persists as of 2nd July 2022. My Indian passport was issued abroad. The app is not accepting the passport File no.

Hi @mickey4322, Welcome to our community!

As Niyo Global by SBM is a forex card, the bank has requested to have a Passport Verification as a part of onboarding. Currently, the system accepts the passport file numbers which were issued or renewed in India. It does not accept which were renewed abroad. You may have to try onboarding after renewing it in India. Kindly check out our post here: File number (Passport application no.) - #2 by Deepak for better understanding. Thank you!

Hi I my passport is issued in India. and I’m still facing issue with Passport file number acceptance. Please help resolve this asap.