Niyoglobal pincode restricted by RBI

I completed the registration process for Niyoglobal card & after waiting for almost 2 days, received an email stating “pincode is restricted by RBI”. How it is different from “pincode not servicable” because i got no such prompt while adding address. Otherwise i would have then & there changed the address to office address. How to fix this asap?

I’m traveling internationally in 9 days & can provide my office communication address for KYC but it seems impossible through app now.
Kindly help.

Thanks in advance

Hey @Ankit_Sharma1!

Welcome to the Niyo Community!

We’re very sorry to inform you that there is no fix to this for now. The email that you have received is indicative that it won’t be possible for us to onboard you for Niyo Global by SBM as your pin(permanent) falls under the restricted list shared by RBI.

You may try onboarding for NiyoX, which also offers a zero forex markup card. LK

Hi Lucky,

You mean this is an issue related to my permanent address pincode & not current residing pincode ( Bangalore)?

I have been residing & working in Bangalore for last 12+ years. Are you sure any proof of Bangalore residence won’t work to solve this issue? Because many people residing in cities are having a different permanent address, which might or might not be restricted by RBI.

Also for my understanding, does KYC happen only at permanent address and not at current residing address ?