Here’s our half-yearly check-in with y’all. How’s your NiyoX experience been so far in 2022? We have an interesting line-up of events for you in the upcoming months. Here’s a scoop of what happened on NiyoX recently.
SAVE BIG on international spends!
Did you know that your NiyoX debit card has a super-saving feature of Zero Forex Markup?
It means that all your foreign currency transactions—big or small—would be processed at VISA exchange rates without any markup or separate forex transaction fee. This adds up in to great savings and convenience for anyone making online payments in foreign currency online right here from India or travelling overseas for leisure, business, or higher education!
Here’s how our globetrotting NiyoX users saved big recently:
- One of our users saved over ₹36,000/- on forex markup in June 2022 by using their NiyoX debit card for international transactions
- Another frequent international traveller saved over ₹2.16 lakhs on forex markup fees in the last 9 months by using their NiyoX debit card
- Our users spent with their NiyoX debit cards across 59 currencies in June 2022
So go ahead and order your physical NiyoX Debit Card, in case you haven’t done it already. Start using it to book flight tickets, hotels, taxis, and amusement parks and say goodbye to the inconvenience of using any forex card!
How to protect your portfolio from inflation
High inflation has gripped global economies, including the USA, UK, and India with high commodity prices and a phenomenal amount of stimulus money. As an investor, you can guard your portfolio in a few ways:
- Outpace inflation: If your goal is to create a corpus for the future, say after 10 years, position your portfolio to grow over a longer period of time to give returns greater than inflation.
- Adopt equities: FMCG and energy space tend to do well during periods of high inflation—shuffle stock holdings periodically to capitalize on these opportunities.
- Un-cash: After building your emergency fund, look for better investment growth opportunities.
- Floating-rate funds: These tend to do well over the short term when inflation rates are higher. Parking a part of retirement funds and other short-term goals used for generating income works well.
- Gold and real estate: Gold is a popular hedge against inflation, but too volatile in recent years. Investors benefit from rising rent and property values during inflation, but persistent inflation also hurts demand.
Trending mutual funds
Curious about the mutual funds most NiyoX users invested in June 2022?
- ICICI Prudential Nifty Index Fund - Direct Plan - Growth
- Sundaram Small Cap Fund - Direct Plan - Growth
- ICICI Prudential Nifty Next 50 Index Fund - Direct Plan - Growth
- Nippon India Nifty Smallcap 250 Index Fund - Direct Plan - Growth
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Low Duration Fund - Direct Plan - Growth
Where did NiyoX users spend?
- Almost 1,44,000 NiyoX users won a reward in the month of June
- Guess what was the highest NiyoX card purchase in June? ₹10 lakhs!
- Highest transaction in one shot—any guesses? You got that right! ₹2 lakhs
- ₹278+ crores were spent on purchasing electronic gadgets and household appliances
- We have quite a few book lovers amongst us. Almost ₹20 lakhs were spent on buying books
- Ah! The joy of exploring new destinations. Y’all spent almost ₹1.75+ crores on flight and hotel bookings.
- Paying credit card bills on time? We thought so too! ₹12+ crores were spent on CRED
- What’s for dinner tonight? Something delicious of course! ₹27+ lakhs were spent on groceries.
- Getting your movie fix on the big screen and online, huh? ₹30+ lakhs were spent on OTT platforms and movies
- Midnight cravings? Almost ₹1.3 crores were spent on food delivery apps
- Online shopping is indeed therapeutic. So many of you experienced it by spending almost ₹48 lakhs
- All that glitters is mostly gold, maybe diamonds too–NiyoX users shopped for jewellery worth ₹69+ lakhs
Looking for book or web series recommendations? Here’re a few suggestions from Apeksha Atal, Group HR Manager at Niyo.
Favourite books (Fiction)
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- How to Write an Autobiographical Novel by Alexander Chee
- Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Süskind
Favourite books (Professional)
- What the CEO Wants You to Know: How Your Company Really Works by Ram Charan
- Shoe Dog by Phil Knight
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
Favourite shows/movies watched recently
- Stranger Things (show)
- Kim’s Convenience (show)
- Whisper of the Heart (movie)
- The Talented Mr. Ripley (movie)
Question of the month
What makes NiyoX perfect for international payments?
- Zero forex markup fee
- Tap & Pay
- Real-time transaction tracking
- All of the above
Send in your answer to email@example.com —5 lucky winners will win cool gifts from us. Winners will be announced in our next newsletter.
Drumroll please, here are the winners of our June quiz!
- Jagan Maharana
- Tarun Latwal
- Saumyajeet Das
- Shivaprasad Nayak
- Rashid C M
Congratulations to all the winners!
Enjoying digital banking the NiyoX way? Share your experience with us. We’d love to hear from you! Rate Us
That’s all from us this month. Stay tuned for all things new at NiyoX.