#Important > All you need to know about the Annual Charge on DCB Niyo Global Card!

Paying fees is not a problem. All the limitarions are a problem
A) cannot use it on skrill
B) doesnt work on all pos
C) doesnt work on netflix
D) 5% tcs for 12 days unecessarily blocks money. It can be 2 days why 12 days dont get it.
E) Tracking tcs transactions and refund is hard. Despite raising a request several times no solution
F) Blank statsments are mailed
G) Transactions fail randomnly
And many more which i dont yet know.

2 Likes

Hey there! Please note that the card can be used on websites like skrill, revolut or any online trading/crypto trading sites. The amount that you had transferred, we see, has also been credited back to your account. We have escalated all the other feedback and issues highlighted by you to the team and we will strive to serve you better as we go. LK

Hey you, i’m not happy with your annual atm charges, and I want refund this charge and also I want deactivate my account from niyo, you know what, I can not receive money from my friends, and also I can’t use this account in upi, your all bank policies work under 420. If any action not give from your side for me I will case on your bank .

1 Like

Hey there! We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please inbox us your registered number so that we can check the issues highlighted by you. LK

Hey bro,For Niyo DCB charge 200 + GST is doesn’t matter, let them improve there service with this…Even they will refund you back if u spend more than 10000. Because no one will provide free service for everything, Even Gov banks in india… almost 90 percent bank in india have more than 2.5 markup fee and services charges…Niyo is better

3 Likes

Can you provide the exact date when the fee will be charged? (And preferably the exact amount too, but I am assuming it will be 1.18 * 200)

Additionally, what happens if my balance is 0 on the card? Will it go into a negative balance that will then get reconciled the next time I transfer money to it?

I opened a new forum post here - Annual fees if zero balance is maintained - please delete it if you are able to answer this query here itself

Hey Harisundara! The amount will be deducted from your account on the 28th of Dec., 2020. It will be ₹200+18% GST, that will become ₹236/- in total. Also, please rest assured, your account will not reflect negative balance. In case of 0 balance, the charges will be deducted on your next load. LK

1 Like

The amount will be deducted from your account on the 28th of Dec., 2020
the charges will be deducted on your next load

Appreciate the info! (And thanks for closing the other thread)

I am not sure if even Niyo doesn’t charge markup. In most of the transactions there is usually a currency mis-match charge which is debited extra to the amount of the initial transaction. So it seems like they have another name for charging markup fees. Also, charging ₹236 for a card which is not going to be used much because of a pandemic doesn’t make sense, especially when at the time of signup it was told that the card is forever free.

Hey Prabhav! There is indeed no markup charges on the card. If there is any deduction in your statement that you need clarification on, please do share to our team by tapping on the WhatsApp icon in the app so that we can assist you further. We understand your concern regarding the charges and we assure you that as mentioned, we want to maintain the high quality customer service, features, and everything else you’ve come to expect from us. LK

In most of the transactions there is usually a currency mis-match charge which is debited extra to the amount of the initial transaction

YES ! Thank you for pointing this out. I have noticed it as well. In some cases, it is not even shown to me! I have an open ticket # 826843 regarding that that I opened almost a month ago.

I would like some clarity as well on the additional “forex adjustment” charge that shows up quite often

Hey Harisundara! Please allow us to get this checked and update you. LK

Hey Hari! Thank you so much for your time over call. We will certainly make sure that the issue is fixed and the same is not repeated in future. SR

No the card cannot be used on skrill. You need to check out the facts with your team.

Hey Prateek! Apologies for the mis communication. The card can’t be used on Skrill. SR

1 Like

If I withdraw Rs 10000/- using this card within India in a ATM, will annual fee be reimbursed?

In other words, are wallet loading, ATM withdrawal in India and abroad will be considered in Rs 10K limit for the annual fee reversal.

Hey Ranvijay, Rs.10,000/- mark is including domestic and international transactions. However, please note that only ECOM and POS transactions will be considered and not ATM withdrawals. SR

I have 2 queries:

1. Are deposits into the account and transfer back into savings account considered part of the 10000 threshold for reversing the amount?
  2. Is there any difference in the markup and forex fees between the DCB global card and the Niyo IDFC debit card in case of international transactions? As in, is there any real difference if I use the IDFC Niyo card and surrender the DCb card?

Hey @digantiitr, only POS and ECOM transactions will be considered. Please note that transfers will not be considered for reversals of Annual fee. Also, both Niyo Global by DCB and Niyo IDFC have zero mark-up feature. Mark-up and forex fees are the same. Difference between the Niyo Global by DCB and Niyo IDFC would be that the Niyo Global by DCB account is a current account while the Niyo IDFC account is a savings account. SR

What about wallet reload ?