I want to change my application name because it was wrong. Now i have updated my pan card number also please help in opening my account. I am doing mails. With my updated pan card and adhar card but i am not getting any proper response

I want to change my application name because it was wrong. Now i have updated my pan card number also please help in opening my account. I am doing mails. With my updated pan card and adhar card but i am not getting any proper response

Hey @_12desh! Welcome to Niyo Community!

We are sorry that you have been stuck while onboarding for Niyo Global by SBM. Our team has identified a mismatch in your name on the documents (Aadhaar, PAN, Passport or your primary bank account) you’ve submitted due to which you couldn’t proceed further. You may upload the relevant details asked in the app.

Regards,

Sir i have uploaded all my documents. Pan aadhaar but they are saying that there was miss match in my name in pan and adhar.i have official download my documents from official web site. I am keep on mailing but there was no proper response please help me