File number (Passport application no.)

I am trying to Niyo global account, everything was fine untill, it’s asking “FILE NUMBER”. I got surprised, why NIYO going to verify with the file no. Also we are giving all the Aadhaar and PAN card details.
Okey, where is my problem? I have renewed my passport from UAE, so the file no. having different format, NiYo global not accepting.
@Niyo team, can you please help to open the account.
Thanks.

Hey @Srinivasan_Sivalinga! Welcome to Niyo Community!

As Niyo Global by SBM is a forex card, the bank has requested to have a Passport Verification as a part of onboarding. Currently, the system accepts the passport file numbers which were issued or renewed in India. It does not accept which were renewed abroad. You may have to try onboarding after renewing it in India.

Feedback has been forwarded to our product team on this. We’ll let you know if we start accepting passports that were renewed abroad. Currently, the maximum number of attempts to enter the file number is 5. If the wrong entry limit exceeds, you cannot proceed with the onboarding.

Regards,

It’s the same problem for me too. What should I do now. I have renewed my passport in US and I am in India and needed Forex/travel card. What is the next step

Hey @Syed_Mehamoodhussain! Welcome to Niyo Community!

Inconvenience regretted! :slightly_frowning_face: Currently, we may not be able to onboard you for Niyo Global by SBM as you do not have a passport issued in India. However, we’ll take this as feedback and see if we can bring any alternatives in the future. In the meantime, you may try NiyoX which can be used for your international transactions with 0 forex mark-up charges.

Regards,

1 Like