File number (Passport application no.)

I am trying to Niyo global account, everything was fine untill, it’s asking “FILE NUMBER”. I got surprised, why NIYO going to verify with the file no. Also we are giving all the Aadhaar and PAN card details.
Okey, where is my problem? I have renewed my passport from UAE, so the file no. having different format, NiYo global not accepting.
@Niyo team, can you please help to open the account.
Thanks.

Hey @Srinivasan_Sivalinga! Welcome to Niyo Community!

As Niyo Global by SBM is a forex card, the bank has requested to have a Passport Verification as a part of onboarding. Currently, the system accepts the passport file numbers which were issued or renewed in India. It does not accept which were renewed abroad. You may have to try onboarding after renewing it in India.

Feedback has been forwarded to our product team on this. We’ll let you know if we start accepting passports that were renewed abroad. Currently, the maximum number of attempts to enter the file number is 5. If the wrong entry limit exceeds, you cannot proceed with the onboarding.

Regards,

It’s the same problem for me too. What should I do now. I have renewed my passport in US and I am in India and needed Forex/travel card. What is the next step

Hey @Syed_Mehamoodhussain! Welcome to Niyo Community!

Inconvenience regretted! :slightly_frowning_face: Currently, we may not be able to onboard you for Niyo Global by SBM as you do not have a passport issued in India. However, we’ll take this as feedback and see if we can bring any alternatives in the future. In the meantime, you may try NiyoX which can be used for your international transactions with 0 forex mark-up charges.

Regards,

1 Like

I am also facing the same issue. My passport file number is not being accepted as the passport has been issued from Qatar. Niyo Team I would request you to please start accepting passport file numbers that have been issued outside India. It would be really helpful.

Niyo Team can you please help to open the account.

Hey @Mind_Kt Welcome to Niyo Community!

Inconvenience regretted! :slightly_frowning_face: Currently, we may not be able to onboard you for Niyo Global by SBM as you do not have a passport issued in India. However, we’ll take this as feedback and see if we can bring any alternatives in the future.

By when Can we expect the Niyo Global Platform to start accepting the passports that have been issued outside India. If it happens sooner, it would be really great, I really want to use the platform for my transactions and use its benefits. Please can you start accepting the passport with the file number that is issued from outside India as soon as possible?

@Mind_Kt feedback has been duly noted and shared with our team. We’ll definitely let you know in case we start accepting the passport file numbers issued abroad.

1 Like

Hi, I am facing the same issue. My passport has been issued in Bahrain. Can you do something to help me register with Niyo and get the Niyo Global card Asap?? Please let me know.

Dear Niyo Team,

Any updates on users with a Passport renewed in foreign countries?