Facing issue with NIYO support team as, i came back with updated docs to create new acc and they say it cant be done

Hi Team,
First i tried creating the account , i had issue with my document name due to name mismatch. There was minor spelling variation in my name from documents submitted. Now i have come back with all original document updated with name matching in all docs with the NSDL records updated.
And now, the support team says they cant help me and they say
its 'one time process, we won’t be able to onboard you as of now as you have already tried registered the PAN with us. ’

They took my documents after i faced issue creating and was told my issue will be resolved. And now they act helpless.

Kindly need support from somebody here. Ive made wait for a long time now.

Hello @vishwajith_shetty ! We regret the inconvenience caused. We’ve highlighted the concern to our team. Please allow us some time so that we can check as to what best can we do for you on this. -WB

Hello @vishwajith_shetty! We regret the inordinate delay in response. Please be informed that our team has rectified the issue and made changes. We request you retry again. You should be able to proceed further successfully. -WB