Creation of Niyo Global Account.

Hello everyone and Niyo Global team,
As it is a splendid start, you guys had a way more to go. But, to go please solve the problems facing by the customer’s and provide a immediate solution for the problems.
As i am one of the customer (wanted to) but, the customer support is not at all good for “niyo global”. As i am facing a problem for a month, I’ve contacted several times and tried talking to the support team but there is no way of solving a problem. Till I had a hope of getting into the niyo global family if they provide the perfect or atleast a chance for creation of my account. They even not informing or directing us a way to solve the problem. The problem i was facing the “ckyc” i don’t even know that this existed. Please, show us a way to such problems we’re facing. I hope this changes soon. As i don’t have time for this creation. Please reply or solve the problem ASAP!

Hey @Maddy! Welcome to Niyo Community!

We are sorry for the experience that you had with us. :bowing_man: Feedback has been duly noted and we’ll definitely put our efforts to improve our services.

The onboarding for Niyo SBM is based on CKYC. When our system tried to fetch your CKYC details, it showed that you have got an OTP Based KYC and the year is 2018. It would help if you had the CKYC type as Normal. We are sorry to inform you that we cannot onboard you for Niyo SBM as of now.
Our team is working to bring an alternative way for this but it will take some more time. In the meantime, you may try NiyoX which offers a 0 forex mark-up for international transactions like Niyo Global by SBM.

Regards,

Is there any other way to change the ckyc ? Or any other possibilities of getting onboard to Niyo Global?

I’m sorry to inform you that at this point, we may not be able to onboard you for Niyo SBM. Our team is working on an alternate and may take some more time.

Regards,