CKYC servers not responding

Hi Team,

I urgently need two Niyo SBM cards for my travel to Dubai. I am unable to create account through Android mobile app “Niyo Global”.

I have submitted PAN Card and Aadhar Card details, but everytime I am getting an error “oh no! The CKYC servers are not responding”

The error said that if problem persists we should contact Niyo team.

Can you please help?

Attached the screenshot

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma

Hey @contacthimanshu! Regret the inconvenience :worried:

We are having this checked with our team. Kindly request you to wait till tomorrow’s EOD and we shall update the status.

Regards,

Hey @contacthimanshu! We’ve tried to reach out to you on your registered mobile number. Unfortunately, we couldn’t get through. Hope you were able to create your Niyo SBM account successfully. For any further help, reach out to us and we are happy to help you.

Regards,

1 Like

hi deepak,

im having the same issue , appreciate your help here

Hey @Bilal_Shaikh! Welcome to Niyo Community!

You may have to contact your existing bank or mutual funds investment platform and have to update your CKYC details. Once the details are updated, you can try onboarding for Niyo Global by SBM. Kindly note, that your CKYC account type should be NORMAL.

Regards,

I’m having this same error since 2 days and unable to create my account. Can someone please help? The live chat option does not seem to be functional as well.
@Deepak

Hey @Shubham_Ag! Welcome to Niyo Community!

The onboarding live chat support is 9 AM to 9 PM every day. As checked from our end, it looks like we cannot onboard you for Niyo Global by SBM due to CKYC issues. You have to connect with your existing bank or mutual funds investment platform to update your CKYC details and then have to try onboarding. Kindly note, that you need to have the CKYC type as NORMAL.

Regards,

Thanks for your response.
I’m new to the term CKYC. Could you please let me know what exactly are the CKYC issues? I haven’t faced any problem with regards to my banking purposes till date. What is the procedure to rectify the issues, if any, with the help of my bank?
Any help would be really appreciated.
@Deepak

Hey @Shubham_Ag! Let me try to help you to understand more about CKYC.

WHAT IS CKYC?

CKYC refers to Central KYC (Know Your Customer), an initiative of the Government of India. Central KYC Registry is a centralised repository of KYC records. Once the KYC documents are submitted by an individual, they are registered in the repository with a unique CYKC number. The CYKC number can be quoted instead of submitting physical KYC documents for any financial transaction. The CYKC repository can be accessed by all financial institutes for verifying the KYC details of their customers.

HOW CKYC IS BENEFICIAL?

Once your KYC details are registered with CYKC, you will receive a 14-digit KYC Identification Number (KIN) number which you can quote for any kind of financial transaction and you don’t have to submit your KYC documents again unless there is a change in your KYC details.

PROCESS OF COMPLETING THE CKYC

When you purchase any financial product from any of the financial institutions- regulated by RBI, SEBI, IRDAI or PFRDA, these financial institutions will register your KYC details with the Central Registry of Securitisation and Asset Reconstruction and Security Interest of India (CERSAI).

You need to submit the following documents:

• CKYC application form
  • PAN Card
  • Identity and Address Proof ( the passport, the driving licence, proof of possession of Aadhaar number, the Voter’s Identity Card issued by Election Commission of India, job card issued by NREGA duly signed by an officer of the State Government, the letter issued by the National Population Register containing details of name, address or any other document as notified by the Central Government in consultation with the Regulator)
  • One recent passport-size photograph

Upon successful registration, you will be provided with a 14- digit KYC Identifier Number (KIN). An SMS/email will be sent by CERSAI to your registered mobile number once the KIN is generated.

HOW TO CHECK CKYC DETAILS

You can check your CKYC number and status online by visiting the web portal of the financial institutions providing a CKYC check facility. You are required to complete the following steps:

• Visit the web portal (www.karvykra.com or www.cvlkra.com). Currently only Karvy and Central Depository Services Limited provide for the CKYC Check Facility.
  • Enter your PAN
  • Enter the security/CAPTCHA code
  • Your CKYC status along with details will be displayed

Additionally, customers may approach the financial institutions where they provided their CKYC documents to obtain the number.

Hope this helps you to understand more about CKYC.

Regards,

1 Like