CKYC Error while opening account

I tried to open an account and an error message popped up Please help me with this

Hey Kishore!

Welcome to the Niyo Community!

We regret to inform you that you do not meet the onboarding criteria for opening the Niyo Global account by SBM. Being said that, we’d also like to keep you posted that we are working on alternate ways to onboard customers such as yourselves. Stay tuned! LK

1 Like

@Lucky Thanks for the information. I am traveling to Europe in first week of Feb for my higher studies. I tried to open account with my dad’s name and he has CIBIL score 700+.
Is there any other way to get the card?

1 Like

Kishore, kindly note that the CIBIL has nothing to do with the account opening process. You have to have your CKYC records updated in order to open the Niyo Global account by SBM(in your case it should be your father’s).

In the meantime, we’d recommend opening a NiyoX account as a backup. You can order an upgraded VISA Platinum Debit Card from NiyoX. This card comes with Zero Forex Markup.

Download NiyoX app | Learn more about NiyoX

I am getting a CKYC error, even though I have a CKYC number and a Normal KYC. Can someone please help me with the same ?

Hey @Anand_Tangri! Inconvenience regretted! It looks like you haven’t met the required onboarding criteria due to which we couldn’t onboard you for Niyo Global by SBM. Our system fetches your OTP-based e-KYC details. It looks like you had one in the past with your bank. We kindly request you connect with your bank and update it to the Normal KYC and then you should be able to onboard for Niyo Global by SBM.

Regards,

What does this means

Hey @ANKUSH_P_GOWDA! Welcome to Niyo Community!

We are sorry to let you know that we cannot proceed further to onboard you for Niyo Global by SBM due to CKYC issues. Our team is trying to bring an alternative onboarding way and this may take a few more days. In the meantime, you may try NiyoX

Regards,

I tried creating an account today, but it failed after submitting all the details saying that I don’t have a CKYC, but I checked and found out that I have a normal CKYC. Please help resolve this issue.

Hey @kna1! Welcome to Niyo Community! We are sorry to let you know that we cannot proceed further to onboard you for Niyo Global by SBM due to CKYC issues. Our team is trying to bring an alternative onboarding way and this may take a few more days. In the meantime, you may try NiyoX

Regards,

1 Like

Will there be any difference in the forex exchange rates between Niyo Global and NiyoX?

Hey @kna1! Both the cards offer 0 forex mark-up on international transactions.

Approximately how many days because i have time still september?

Hey @ANKUSH_P_GOWDA! We do not have a tentative date yet. Stay tuned and we’ll update very soon!

Regards,

Please help me for goniyo account opening

Hey @Sahil_shaikh1! While our system is trying to fetch your CKYC details, it shows that you have an OTP-Based e-KYC & KYC year is 2021 due to which you are unable to proceed with the onboarding for Niyo SBM. Here, you may have to contact your service provider (possibly your bank) where e-KYC has been done and that needs to be updated to Normal KYC. Thereafter, you should be able to complete the onboarding formalities for Niyo Global by SBM.

Regards,

Dear @Deepak, As you can see I DO have a full fledged CKYC, also with the flag as NORMAL KYC.

Can you please explain why I am also having the same issue?

I have multiple MF accounts and multiple bank accounts which all have updated CKYC. Also have a CKYC number which is a proof that my CKYC is registered.

Can you please tell me how to fix it?

Hey @Varun_Mehta! We understand that you’ve got your CKYC where the type is Normal. Unfortunately, our system couldn’t identify it. Our system is identifying your CKYC details where it is a Simplified one for the year 2019. This happens when you have multiple CKYC entries through various platforms. In your case, you may have to update the CKYC details where you had a Simplified one so that our system can read it and proceeds with the onboarding flow. We are sorry for asking you to update the CKYC details once again but that’s the way possible as of now. It may take some more time for us to bring alternative onboarding ways.

Regards,

A post was merged into an existing topic: Need clear steps to pass open GoNiyo