Can't login,server down

Hi Ms @Bansari Vaghela,i am good,hope you are doing well :slightly_smiling_face:.I am tagging you because,i noticed your answers are much detailed and accurate,hope to get the same for my queries.So,I was struggling with my account creation for a long time,finally it got approved after 10-12 days and i received email on 18th Aug with all the details.Later on that day when i tried to login,a “Server Down” message pops up and it is persistent till today.I am attaching sshot,please check.Tired of doing login again and again,i DM’d twitter(Niyo) support long time back,so that i can get this resolved,but no luck.They just say,they will get this issue discussed with team and nothing happened till today(27th Aug).Also,i tried calling on the support numbers for Niyo Global.All i get from there is “call from your registered number,thank you” and the irony is,i was calling from my registered number.See,i get this,this i beta app,i opt for this.I have to face some hiccups here and there.Yes,i am a Softdev,i can understand how hard the devs are pushing their limits in squashing the bugs and doing all sort of integration and U/A testing.But this thing really tired me up.Please help me solve this at earliest,because i am planning a Dubai trip this Sept,obviously for iPhones :relieved: and maybe some Macs :wink:

Hi @ashd ,

We are really sorry to hear about the situation that you faced :frowning: Could you please DM me your registered mobile number so that I can look into it right away.

Rest assure we are here to make things right.

Cheers!
Bansari

Can you approve my post , it is pending right now

Thanks for quick response.Actually,i am new to this community,can you please guide,how to DM you ?

Just click on Her profile and there you would see option to Message (which is DM)

Dankeschön
Sachin ツ

Thanks @Sachin . I will do the same

@ashd @Bansari even I’ve been facing the same issue. My account got approved and I received the bank account details on 18th August as well, but whenever I tried logging in since then I receive a server busy error

Hey hi @Ayush_Jain ,

Let me look into this for you! Allow us sometime we shall workaround the same and get back to you at the earliest.

Cheers!
Bansari

Hi @Sachin i couldn’t find any message(DM) option on the profile page.Could you just reply with a sshot of the same option ?

@Ayush_Jain same here,let’s wait for her response.Anyway,do you know how to DM someone here ? i couldn’t find a option to do so.

Click on the profile picture of the person you want to send the message to.

You’ll see a dialogue box similar to this, then click on the “MESSAGE” option to send the message.

You can access the conversations by clicking on your profile picture on the top right corner.

1 Like

Hi @ashd ,

I have messaged you, kindly respond on the same. You might have got a notification about it.

Cheers!
Bansari

1 Like

Thanks @Ayush_Jain but it’s really strange i couldn’t find the same button for any of you.I am attaching a sshot,have a look.

I guess that’s because you don’t have “Basic” role and this role comes by spending little time In This niyo Community but anyway @Bansari Dm’ed you you can see in The notification bar .

Got it.Yes,i saw her message.I DM’ed her back with the necessary details.Thanks @Sachin @Ayush_Jain for your help.

1 Like

I have been facing the same issue since more than 15 days, already tried contacting the team through email. But they are just giving me assurance that it will be done in two days or wait till particular date, unfortunately even after waiting for so long I m unable to log in due to the issue of server down. How long this will take any idea ?
I am about to travel and I want to get this forex card isn’t there any other way than mobile application to apply for this card ?

Hi @Vraj_Mistry ,

Firstly welcome to the Niyo Community!

As of now there is no other way to apply for this card, having said that could you please help us with your ticket numbers so that we can have a closure look at it.

Cheers!
Bansari

Hi @Bansari my issue is fixed.I can login now and also transactions(online) are working as expected.Thanks for your help and support.

1 Like