ATM card isn't working

Hi,

Niyo global atm card isn’t working created support ticket it’s already been 2 weeks still didn’t receive any response?

Hey @Neo1! We’d like to have this checked for you. Would you mind reaching out to our Live Chat support by going to Menu > Support from your app? Or kindly inbox us your registered mobile.

Regards

Card is still not working how long it will take to fix this support is saying we have created ticket but i didn’t receive any response yet

Hey @Neo1! Please Message Us your registered mobile number so that we can have this checked for you at the earliest.

Regards,

Already messaged my number did you check?
It’s been a month card isn’t working support is saying we will update you within 2-3 days i mean What the backend team is doing solving this problem takes a month??

Hey @Neo1! Regret the inconvenience. Our team is investigating this and following up with the bank on a priority basis. We understand that it has taken a longer time than expected and we sincerely apologize for it. We’ll update the status to you on your ticket 1171823.

Regards,

They never respond that’s why i am saying confirm from your backend team and let me know i mean solving this problem takes a month i don’t think they are doing anything at all

Hey @Neo1! Regret the delay. On your behalf, we are once again escalating this to the bank on a priority basis.

Regards,