Account opening issue

I have registered for niyo global account on 11 march but the account creation is still pending. Everytime i login it shows me default 2 hour wait message and its already more than 19 days.
I have an international travel after 28 days and i need to order niyo card too, so please resolve this issue as soon as possible

Hey @Rohit_Bisht! Welcome to Niyo Community!

It looks like an issue has occurred at the bank due to which your account creation is pending and we sincerely apologize for it. We’ve already escalated it to the bank and are following up with them. It may take a longer time than usual to get this fixed.

Regards,

You mean the account cannot be opened before my travel and i should switch to other alternative?

Hey @Rohit_Bisht! Unfortunately, we aren’t sure how many days it would take to create a Niyo SBM account. Alternatively, we’ve enabled the video KYC option for your NiyoX account. You may complete the video KYC and get your card delivered and that can be used for your international transactions with 0 mark-up charges.

Regards,

@Deepak
Today i got e bank statement from sbm bank, however i havent opened a bank account there.
Could it be that my niyo account is created?

I am facing issue in creating account of Niyo Global SBM bank
Today i got e bank statement from sbm bank, however i havent opened a bank account there.
Could it be that my niyo account is created?
Can you now help me now as account is already created but i am unable to login as its still shows 2 hours wait message and i have been trying from more than 25 days.
(I only want niyo global card not niyoX)

Hey @Rohit_Bisht! We really regret the delay.

Upon investigating, we see that indeed a savings account is available for the given customer ID, and hence you must have received the e-bank statements.

Our team is already working on the login issue with the Bank and we assure you that we will get back to you as soon as we have an update on the matter. LK

When can i expect it to be resolved or what estimate time will it take to solve this issue?

Hey @Rohit_Bisht! We are sorry to let you know that as of now we do not have a tentative timeline for this issue. It is expected to take a longer time.